Tweetdeck - Virtually unusable under Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by uptownnyc, Jul 20, 2011.

1. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

I've experienced some strange behavior using Tweetdeck under OSX for a white, but apparently now my problems are amplified under Lion. I've always experienced problems with Tweetdeck stealing focus when I tried to close their notification popups …. and occasionally when new messages came in. Under Lion, the problem is far worse. With Tweetdeck running, I've experienced problems where trying to minimize the application won't work … it slides down to the dock, only to immediately pop back up to the screen. Also, at times it seemed to prevent me from typing things into Chrome's address bar ….. throwing my focus to another app …. sometimes Tweetdeck, sometimes not. With Tweetdeck closed, ALL of these problems go away, and things function as you expect them to.

Anybody else experience these types of problems related to application-focus using Tweetdeck under Lion (or SnowLeopard for that matter)?

Thanks

2. uptownnyc thread starter macrumors 6502

nothing? Any better multi-column alternatives for a Twitter client?

3. uptownnyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Uninstalling Adobe AIR and TweetDeck and re-installing both seems to have fixed the problem.

4. LABachlr macrumors newbie

Great to know. Thanks. I bought Lion, but have been postponing installing it because RoaringApps has listed Adobe Air has having problems with Lion:

http://roaringapps.com/apps:table/p/1

It also states on the above page that Adobe Photoshop CS does not work in Lion, which is the other reason why I have not taken the plunge yet. Do you happen to have Photoshop CS?

5. uptownnyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I spoke too soon. Tweetdeck is still pretty unusable with Lion. While running it essentially screws around with which window receives keystrokes or focus ... so while Tweetdeck may not be in view .... typing an address into Chrome's address bar may result in something like Coda popping forward. If I close Tweetdeck, all of these problems go away ... so I'm assuming there's something funky going on with the Tweetdeck or AIR code.

As for CS ... I just upgraded to the latest version of Photoshop CS5.1 and it appears to run without any issues. Not sure about older versions though.

6. eddiejensen macrumors newbie

eddiejensen

If you have to use TweetDeck, there's a version of it for Google Chrome. It works quite well, I think--even synchronizing your accounts if you've set that up.

7. Ach111es macrumors regular

Use it as an app for chrome, it's more versatile (because for the same hd space you get a whole browser)

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

How unusual, TweetDeck is working excellently for me. Have you installed the recent update?