Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Firehose Media

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Welcome to Tweetgrid for Twitter by Firehose Media.

Tweetgrid for Twitter is an innovative twitter visualization app. Along with its crisp aesthetic appeal, tweetgrid displays tweets on a live feed. It can be utilized to bring you breaking news as it happens, details to the game you couldn’t see, or the public’s immediate response to trending topics, as searched by a keyword of your choosing. Tweetgrid for Twitter is not a twitter replacement, instead it enhances the twitter experience by bringing you tweets in real time and in groundbreaking fashion. It was designed and developed by Greg Burnham of Firehose Media, and released on the iOS app store August 29, 2012. Firehose Media is a two man independent software developer made up of Greg Burnham and Tommy Richardson. It is based in Utah. Tweetgrid for Twitter is the first app released by this company. One upgrade has already been released and more are planned including user stream functionality, tweet, retweet, favorite, and trending topic options. When the app is downloaded, it will ask for access to your twitter accounts, you then choose one and search a keyword. The search screen will begin to unfold new tweets, which are coming in live, based on your specific keyword. Slide the screen to the right and you will be able to change incoming tweet animation, as well as return to the home screen. You can also switch to automatic mode, and the application will select new tweets to highlight based on a time interval of your choosing.

Let us know how you feel about the app, we're sure you will enjoy it

Promo Codes:
69JPEAJAKM6K
6XM79YXXMMRJ

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id554067662?mt=8

Contact us at:
greg.burnham@gmail.com
tommy.s.richardson@gmail.com

Attachments

• tweetgrid reviewer pic 1.jpg
    tweetgrid reviewer pic 1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 105
  • tweetgrid reviewer pic 2.jpg
    tweetgrid reviewer pic 2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 126
  • tweetgrid for reviewers 3.jpg
    tweetgrid for reviewers 3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 88

Nomi322

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2012
USA
it try this App is Really Cool one Keep it up I will for sure share with others

gburnham

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Lead (and only) Developer here...

Hey everyone!

I'm Greg Burnham, longtime MacRumors lurker and the lead (and currently lone) developer for Tweetgrid. Like Tommy said above, we're an independent company who have been striving through work and school to provide a beautiful way to search and consume Twitter, and we think we've found one.

That said, we've already released one bug-fix update, and we have a feature/bug-fix update underway right now, all for free.

If you guys download the app and come across any odd behavior or have any constructive criticism, let me (us) know. We want to be responsive to any issues that arise, and we also want to implement features that you guys want.

Thanks, and happy gridding!

gburnham

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Clarification:

We had a question over in the iPad thread, so I figure I'd post the answer here for people to see as well! The question was about how it works and why it is useful.

It's a twitter-based search that feeds information in real-time. Here's a few ways that I've used it in the past three days or so:

• Following sports. Put a keyword associated with a team and see pictures and comments as the game progresses (ex: sfgiants)
  • Political debates and conventions (RNC2012, Obama, healthcare, etc) to see commentary in realtime
  • Just for fun: use the keyword nofilter or instagram to see all sorts of photos that people around the world are posting to the twitter.
  • News: I put in 'Isaac' and 'earthquake' to follow the movement and results of Hurricane Isaac and the Philippines earthquake over the weekend.
  • Tech events: don't want to follow one single news source for updates on a keynote or conference? I used Samsung as a keyword for the trial proceedings, and plan on using iphone 5 to follow Apple's event on September 12
  • TV Companion: I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan. It was fun to throw the keyword 'breaking bad' in while I was watching to see the world react to the final episode in the mini-season. I even left it on for awhile after the episode to see what kind of analysis came out over twitter.

The possibilities are endless, and I'm pretty confident that you'll find some great ways to use it. Feel free to share how you do! We're even in the works to be directly integrated into a major big-three newsroom in Los Angeles, where they will leave a Tweetgrid up with the keyword of whatever story is breaking at that time to provide insights into what is happening.

If you have any other questions, let me know! Thanks!

gburnham

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Update

We are now ratio independent, meaning that we are ready for a new iPhone with a different screen aspect ratio! We will be one of the first apps available that properly adapts to a taller screen. You won't want to miss this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.