Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stephendoc1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Does this just mean that Tweetie are getting in early with their update to make sure it is compatible for the iPad or is there a new iPhone update around the corner? Thinking this is just iPad related :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0530[1].PNG
    IMG_0530[1].PNG
    51.5 KB · Views: 142

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
wait. what are you angry about? the fact that loren brichter used the 3.2 beta sdk to build a version of tweetie that is compatible with 3.2 before 3.2 came out?

what's that have to do with the ipad in any way shape or form? what is this thread's point?

stephendoc1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
wait. what are you angry about? the fact that loren brichter used the 3.2 beta sdk to build a version of tweetie that is compatible with 3.2 before 3.2 came out?

what's that have to do with the ipad in any way shape or form? what is this thread's point?

I am not angry at the developer. I am merely wondering does this mean there may be an iphone update on the cards as well as 3.2 being released for iPad. I mean if it was just an iPad update before it is released surely there would be no reason for this to appear in the notes shown on an iPhone.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007

Because the beta SDK for 3.2 is for iPad only, thus the question make sense because we have no idea if there'll be a OS 3.2 firmware release for the iPhone itself at same time with iPad. So is the software just updated for iPhone OS 3.2 for iPhone or just for iPad.

stephendoc1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Because the beta SDK for 3.2 is for iPad only, thus the question make sense because we have no idea if there'll be a OS 3.2 firmware release for the iPhone itself at same time with iPad. So is the software just updated for iPhone OS 3.2 for iPhone or just for iPad.

Yes MikhailT that is all I was wondering. But some people have an attitude and if they know something more than another person can't answer a question. The maturity levels of a 6 year old. I sense from 'The General :rolleyes:'s' comments that this is just an early update for tweetie to make it compatible with a mac version using the beta sdk so not likely to be anything from this. Nice to see some people can speak civilly though. ;)

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Yes MikhailT that is all I was wondering. But some people have an attitude and if they know something more than another person can't answer a question. The maturity levels of a 6 year old. I sense from 'The General :rolleyes:'s' comments that this is just an early update for tweetie to make it compatible with a mac version using the beta sdk so not likely to be anything from this. Nice to see some people can speak civilly though. ;)

The Mac version has nothing to do with the SDK.

stephendoc1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
The Mac version has nothing to do with the SDK.

I stand corrected. To be honest I don't really care anymore. All's I wanted to know was whether iPhone OS 3.2 would be distributed for the iPhone as well as the iPad and thought this gave an indication that it would be. My question has been answered. Thank you folks and good night. :D

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
nope

nope its referring to iphone os 3.2 compatibility

Nope, what? iPhone itself will probably get OS 3.2 firmware update as well, but most likely, it doesn't change anything for the iPhone models itself, just a couple of minor bugfixes.

The point I was trying to make is that the Beta SDK is for developing universal iPhone/iPad applications but applications for iPhone itself most likely will work just fine without making it compatible for 3.2 since there's no major changes between 3.1 and 3.2. So it is possible the application listing compatibility for 3.2 may be referring to some new changes that's for iPad only.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
The thing that bothers me about this is all the "rumors" that themes would be brought back in the next update.

Looks like that fell through. As far as iPhone 3.2, I couldn't care less because it's more than likely not going to be jailbroken if it exists at all.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
The thing that bothers me about this is all the "rumors" that themes would be brought back in the next update.

Looks like that fell through. As far as iPhone 3.2, I couldn't care less because it's more than likely not going to be jailbroken if it exists at all.

What themes? Bought back? We had themes in the first place?

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
What themes? Bought back? We had themes in the first place?

I was under the impression that themes were to be added in the next major release, 2.2, not in a 2.1.1 small update. Believe me, I was excited to see an update, and only to find it 2.1.1. Themes is the only thing missing, keeping me from using it. Until then, Twitteriffic is my go-to app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.