Tweetie and Growl support

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arkanok, May 22, 2009.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Ok everybody, so here's the problem:

On its own, Tweetie for mac doesn't seem to have any types of alerts or sounds that show new tweets or whatever. But I've noticed that in the latest version of it, it does have growl support which will work with tweetie for what I assume is alert pop ups and such.

Problem is, I've gone into growl and all that crap and told it to work with tweetie, but I have yet to see it actually work!

Does anybody know if this is a common problem, or know of a way to maybe fix this?

2. radicalcentrist macrumors member

Tweetie/Growl

In Tweetie, go to Preferences->Accounts, highlight your account name and click the big "Notification Options" button to the right.

3. ijohnw macrumors regular

4. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Ohh geez! That was so simple. I feel kinda dumb for not even knowing that.

Thanks dude

5. rogermugs macrumors newbie

i was having the same problem, messing with all things in growl trying to figure it out...

ah... again... embarrassing.

but thanks for the help eh?

6. mnc042 macrumors newbie

lol, same here, I was having this problem for a while and thought tweetie was just broken.

pretty obvious solution. I feel stupid now. :)

Thanks fellow Tweetiers..

\marc

7. writingbrittany macrumors newbie

writingbrittany

Been Having a Different Problem

I just decided to try the latest Tweetie version for mac, and I love it. Its like an iPhone app with its separation of my @'s, DM's and timeline, and doesn't take much more screen real estate than Twitterrific, which I like. Tweetdeck, while good, just takes up too much screen space and refreshes too often for my liking.

Problem: On its own, Tweetie has no notifications except a red (ugly) dot on the icon on my dock and the icon on the navbar turns blue. So I decided to try out Growl, which so far I like in my other apps.

But with Tweetie, whenever I get 10 or less tweets each time it refreshes, Growl shows every single tweet in a separate window. Higher than that, it tells me I have X number of tweets. As you can imagine, 10 separate Growl notifications showing each tweet can take up a lot of the screen, which I hate.

Is there any way to keep this from happening? All I want to know is when Tweetie has new tweets for me to read, not have Growl show me each one.

8. CsSxPlay3r macrumors newbie

Hey i havent tried Tweetie or whatever its called, but I did find a program yesterday for both windows and Mac. I was able to download it on my MacBook just fine.

Its called Yoono. Its a program on your desktop that can connect to Facebook/myspace/twitter/even some IM chats like MSN/AIM/yahoo!

www.yoono.com

Check it out, I downloaded it last night and i can say its the best thing ive tried yet! :apple:

(BTW: I finally decided to join the community! I go to this site everyday and havent registered yet but I wanted to share my findings for Twitter and ect!

9. writingbrittany macrumors newbie

writingbrittany

I think I've heard of it, but I don't like mixing those up, too much going on. Oddly, I'd rather go to each app or webpage separately.

I just don't want Growl with Tweetie showing me every tweet I get each time it refreshes. Takes up too much space!