Twelve South BookArc for iPad now available!

OpenThirdeye

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I just received this email from Twelve South that the BookArc for iPad is now available. Looks like it can work with or without the Apple Case:

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that the Twelve South BookArc for iPad is in stock and available immediately at twelvesouth.com/products/bookarc_ipad. We have limited quantities available now on a first come – first serve basis. The product will be widely announced later this week but we wanted to give you the first opportunty to order your today.

Thank you so much for your patience and for signing up for this alert. We hope you enjoy your BookArc for iPad. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with by contacting us at info@twelvesouth.com. To learn more about BookArc for iPad, click here. Visit our BookArc for iPad Gallery for additional pictures. Thanks again for your patience and support.

Sincerely,

Twelve South

BookArc for iPad Inside Tip.
We have been testing several cases with the BookArc for iPad and one of our favorites is the popular Apple iPad Case. It works with BookArc for iPad by removing the silicone insert entirely for portrait or landscape oriented storage. Flip open the cover on the Apple iPad Case and set it in BookArc to view movies, pictures, and slideshows hands-free.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I just got one of these. What I liked about it was I can set it up vertical *in a case* and charge it. I can also set it in horizontal mode.

I didn't care for the price, but what the hell. I'll just get one of those DIY stands cheap for when I take it to work. Thanks to the OP by the way for posting a shot w/ it in the Apple case. I'm gonna have the same setup.

Here's a shot of it...just waiting on the ol' iPad arrival this Friday...which is proving to make this week seem entirely too long already. :-/ This is a terrible photo but who cares. It gets the point across:

Attachments

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
costs more to send to the UK than to buy :eek:

You gotta love these US companies who can't see past their state line :rolleyes:

wilycoder

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
I just got this email too and immediately ordered!

They make great products, my BookArc for Macbook is great :)

TwoFive3

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
Placed my order too after going to best buy and buying the book arc for macbooks to try it out. I love it.....I can't wait until it gets here!

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
But does it display at an angle or it is straight up and down?
From what I've read and have been told, when the iPad is naked, there are two different ways you can display it -- vertically straight and also at an angle. One of the inserts has notches that'll allow this to happen.

I don't have my iPad yet to try it out (this is proving to be the longest week of all-time), otherwise I'd demonstrate through pictures.

Hope this helps a little...but it does indeed allow for angled viewing (two positions total).

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006

You gotta love these US companies who can't see past their state line :rolleyes:
they will appear in the uk shortly.
I had this issue with the Bookarc for macbook, but about 5-6days later they aeared by an official reseller on ebay and they included free postage

...fingers crossed.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
das Fort

1. It's a very small company.
2. As previously mentioned, they don't set shipping rates, the carriers do.
3. Because they are a small company, they don't get the benefits of better shipping rates that very large companies might.

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
I'm sure it's unlikely but I hope they release an iPad insert for the macbook bookarc.
I'm using mine for my iPad as I got rid of my macbook, it looks nice and fits ok but the fit could be better, and could be fixed with an insert

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I'm sure it's unlikely but I hope they release an iPad insert for the macbook bookarc.
I'm using mine for my iPad as I got rid of my macbook, it looks nice and fits ok but the fit could be better, and could be fixed with an insert
Have you try emailing them and see if they'll do it for you?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I don't even know why i bought Apple's worthless proprietary iPad dock.. I'm getting the BookArc as well.

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Why don't you blame UPS and FedEx rather than the company. They have no control over what it costs them to ship it to you.
IgnatiusTheKing said:
1. It's a very small company.
2. As previously mentioned, they don't set shipping rates, the carriers do.
3. Because they are a small company, they don't get the benefits of better shipping rates that very large companies might.
Can't believe I'm even replying - I order items from the states weekly - they could offer non priority rates which would be under $10....I'm not that desperate for a stand! The prices they quoted would get it here in 3 days :rolleyes:

they will appear in the uk shortly.
I had this issue with the Bookarc for macbook, but about 5-6days later they aeared by an official reseller on ebay and they included free postage

...fingers crossed.
Sounds promising :D

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Can't believe I'm even replying - I order items from the states weekly - they could offer non priority rates which would be under $10....I'm not that desperate for a stand! The prices they quoted would get it here in 3 days :rolleyes:
I bet if you call them they will be happy to make you happy.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
$40 for that piece of **** and it's not even adjustable. I'll stick with my $4 Michael's picture thingy.

Attachments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.