Twelve South BookArc no longer available?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macrumorsuser10, Jun 17, 2011.

1. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

I've been looking to buy the Twelve South BookArc for the MacBook Pro, but it hasn't been available for the last several weeks. Neither the TwelveSouth webpage or the Amazon product page say they have it for sale.

Anyone know if there is an update coming or when it'll be back?

2. kirkers macrumors newbie

Hi,

A very nice piece of kit to create a MBP home workstation solution, just got one myself about a month ago :)

Although it does look as if they are going to update them very soon (how?), but if you're desperate the "current" version is still available on UK websites, although not sure what inflated UK prices+currency conversion+shipping would do to your bank balance :(

3. Peteman100 macrumors 6502

Try emailing the company. They will know much better than we.

4. Kemical macrumors newbie

Try calling your local Apple store. I picked up one last week at the Park City Center store in Lancaster, PA. They had a few remaining on the shelf when I left.

5. macrumorsuser10 thread starter macrumors 6502

On the Apple Store website, the BookArc for the MacBook Pro is listed as being discontinued.

6. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Park City Center is still in operation? Last time I was in Lancaster there were rumors they would be closing it down. My aunt and uncle live there.

7. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Do any of these docking stations work with a Macbook Pro that has an Incase Hardshell over it?

8. macrumorsuser10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just confirmed that there is a new BookArc model available for the MacBook Pro. The new model has latches underneath to tidy up wires. Hopefully the laptop will fit into it a bit more snugly than the last iteration.

http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookarc/8

[​IMG]

9. randomrazr macrumors 65816

10. macrumorsuser10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi, I'm curious why you decided to spell "they're" as "there". It's too egregious a difference to be a typo, so I'm thinking it must be a conscious choice to bastardize English. Please explain.

11. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Maybe English isn't their first language and maybe you should **** about someone contributing something useful to your thread. Ingrate.

12. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

Awesome. I'm thinking of buying a BookArc in conjunction with a Cinema Display, keyboard, and Magic Trackpad this summer. It seems like a great way to have the best of both computer worlds: desktop comfort and laptop portability.

13. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I'm sure the fella just missed his comma.

There, available now on the Apple Store.

14. randomrazr macrumors 65816

bastardize english? i try to help you answer ur question on ur thread and u atempt to insult? thanks alot, next time u post a thread, ur on ur own.

btw i bought my bookarc today, its awesome!

made a vid on it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epCDUgf_0vU

im going to enjoy mine :)