Twelve South Debuts 'MagicBridge' to Combine Apple Magic Keyboard With Magic Trackpad 2

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 31, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Twelve South today launched the "MagicBridge," an accessory that combines Apple's Magic Keyboard with a Magic Trackpad 2 into one connected control surface, letting users "type and swipe more efficiently," according to the company. The versatile accessory supports orientations for both left-handed and right-handed users.

[​IMG]

MagicBridge has cutouts in the back for the on/off toggles and Lightning connectors of Apple's typing and trackpad accessories. The MagicBridge itself is made up of white polycarbonate to match the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad, with silicone pads on the inside to protect each when they're placed in the frame of Twelve South's accessory.
    The MagicBridge is an update to Twelve South's previous device, called the MagicWand, which connected the original Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad and provided a steeper angle for typing.

Users interested can purchase the MagicBridge today from Twelve South's website for $34.99.

Article Link: Twelve South Debuts 'MagicBridge' to Combine Apple Magic Keyboard With Magic Trackpad 2

2. odds macrumors 6502

3. nerdAFK macrumors 6502

nerdAFK

"type and swipe more efficiently"?
    What an overstatement for a piece of plastic!

$35
    What an overcharge for a piece of plastic!

4. Kares macrumors newbie

Actually I found it more efficient to use them a few inches apart, with the trackpad slightly angled. So thanks, but no. (Making them higher, even if just a tiny bit, is also a bad idea.)

5. Romy90210 macrumors 6502

Very Nice.... Would buy in a heart bit...

6. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

7. jdclifford macrumors 6502

Twelve South seems to be following the Phil "The Shill" Shiller path of innovation to oblivion. Its stuff used to be useful and made of quality material; alas no more.

8. BaccaBossMC macrumors regular

BaccaBossMC

35 bucks for a hunk of plastic? I would rather borrow someone else's 3D printer and make it myself! Good lord, TwelveSouth has some big balls.

9. Kares macrumors newbie

Or just get a sheet of plastic that's smaller than the size of this thing, put some double-sided sticky tape on it and place the keyboard and the trackpad onto it.

10. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

This article makes it sound like this is something novel, but these keyboard-trackpad joiners have been for sale on Amazon for at least a year (and at half the price).

11. cogitodexter macrumors regular

cogitodexter

I'd rather Apple made a combined unit myself. Or a wireless keyboard with a ****** numeric keypad! How many years have we been waiting for that? I'm always using my numeric pad but my Mac Pro is situated sufficiently far away that I have to use USB extension cables for the normal keyboard and it's simply untidy.

12. Brian Dicks macrumors newbie

Brian Dicks

13. diamornte macrumors regular

I have both the trackpad and keyboard and putting them side by side like this results in typing mistakes like where you accidentally swipe with your fat fingers and move the cursor somewhere off the page. Bad idea.

14. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

15. Sefstah macrumors 6502a

Who's bright idea was this? Hope they at least break even on this wasted effort

16. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

Wow…

17. c0ppo macrumors 65816

c0ppo

I'm using something similar for magic keyboard and trackpad, but first version. And I love it. I will have to look at mine when I get home in a couple of days, but I payed way less then 35$, and the thing does exactly the same thing.

18. spiffers Suspended

Was going to say the same. This looks like cheap injection moulded plastic, probably just costing a couple of cents each, add some for shipping, handling, marketing and development, and I guess $19.99 would be enough. The thingie for the previous keyboard and trackpad was at least pretty nice, this one looks like cr@p.

19. profets macrumors 601

Amazing, somehow I've managed to keep my trackpad and keyboard side by side for over a year without this plastic tray. Must be some kind of sorcery.

[​IMG]

20. hollowplayer macrumors regular

i wouldnt pay 5 cents for it. jesus, 12 south thinks they are apple or something????

21. AceFernalld macrumors 68000

AceFernalld

This is awesome, and the most I would pay would be $15.

22. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

They are trying to make a ton of money since they are based in Charleston SC and want a nice beach house. Hipster invasion over there. Having grown up there I miss how it used to be.

23. blacktape242 macrumors 68000

blacktape242

i love being able to move my trackpad around where i need it, i would hate to use this product....

24. JustinKent macrumors newbie

JustinKent

This solves a problem for me, at a price point I can afford. I went ahead and ordered one. I have other Twelve South products, which are pretty good, and I support them as a company. Doing what they're doing takes intelligence, creativity, experience, and guts - I think they should be applauded for what they're doing, even if this isn't a product that you'd like to purchase. To the trash talkers, try inventing something, manufacturing it and bringing it to market before disparaging somebody else's efforts. Or as Steve Jobs said, "What have you done that's so great?"

25. jasonq macrumors newbie

I'm using sorcery:

IMG_0389.jpg