Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twelve South today announced the all-new Journal for iPad Pro, a new leather case made specifically for the 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models.

journal-for-ipad-pro.jpg

Journal for iPad Pro includes a built-in shell that holds the tablet, and includes a storage space for the Apple Pencil. There's also an interior pocket to hold a compact Bluetooth keyboard or paper documents.

The new case matches existing Journal accessories from Twelve South, like the Journal for MacBook, Journal for iPhone, and the Journal CaddySack. The new iPad Pro version includes a full zippered edge to fully secure the tablet when it's inside the case.

journal-for-ipad-pro-image.jpg

Journal for iPad Pro is priced at $99.99 for the 11-inch model and $119.99 for the 12.9-inch model. It's available to purchase today on TwelveSouth.com.

Article Link: Twelve South Debuts New Journal Case for iPad Pro

Last edited:

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I just can't see the appeal of a case that doubles the thickness of a device. I think Apple's magnetic folio case is about the closest thing to perfection out there (although I feel like it needs corner protection), although the material they use on the surface that starts to look weird over time. Hopefully they make a leather version at some point.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
No thank you.

Too big, not my style, can’t be lugging that thing around. The iPad covers from Apple that second as a stand are my go to.

PurringPigeon

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2016
I no longer use their cases. They are nice to look at but don't last long. Zippers seem to give out right after the warranty expires.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
I just can't see the appeal of a case that doubles the thickness of a device. I think Apple's magnetic folio case is about the closest thing to perfection out there (although I feel like it needs corner protection), although the material they use on the surface that starts to look weird over time. Hopefully they make a leather version at some point.

Protection. Mine gets dragged all the time through airports in my bag and a case protects it.
[doublepost=1566414463][/doublepost]
I no longer use their cases. They are nice to look at but don't last long. Zippers seem to give out right after the warranty expires.

Yea. I haven't had a case but I had another product that basically fell apart after a couple of years. Real wast of money.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA

I do like the looks of the Journal. I guess I'd have to weigh it, literally, against me my Apple iPad Folio/Apple Keyboard folio in a third party case. The comments on the longevity of this manufacturer's product reliability is worrisome. But, I'm not finding my Apple iPad Folio very durable with just plain handling.

I'd love an Apple leather product for my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9". But I'm guessing Apple will be moving on to the next iteration. So, release of a new leather Apple folio seems less likely. I really loved the old style iPad leather cases.

Update: Found YouTube review:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.