Twelve South HiRise

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Alex225, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Alex225 macrumors regular

Decided to purchase the Twelve South HiRise stand for my iPhone 6.

Must say I'm very impressed with it, it's well designed, solidly made and also made to adjust well to different cases. It comes in pieces and you run your Lightning Lead through it and it's held together with hex screws (hex key included).

[​IMG]

If anyone is considering a stand I'd recommend this, looks very smart on its own or spot on alongside an iMac or MacBook.

I would say my only gripe is that it's not cheap but I think the looks and build quality reflect that.

2. luked14 macrumors 6502

I've had one for a while and I love it! It works great for my iPhone 6 and my iPad Mini too!

3. Alex225 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm very tempted to get one for my Mini 2 but I don't think it will work with the Lifeproof case because of the flap over the charging docket and how it hinges. :(

4. iSP macrumors newbie

Are you able to remove your iPhone from the stand without holding down the stand?

5. Alex225 thread starter macrumors regular

With a wiggle you could but it's not that heavy really.

6. luked14 macrumors 6502

I usually press my pinky finger against the base of the stand while I pull the phone up.

7. iSP macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info! I think I might try this stand with 3m double sided tape.

8. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

It should come with the Lightning cable built in. I may still get one.

9. luked14 macrumors 6502

That might work. There's a good bit of room on the back of the base so I guess you could fit a paperweight or something similar on the back to keep it weighted down.

10. Alex225 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it would be nice if the cable was included although I suspect that would push the rice up further.

That would definitely work or Velcro tabs as well.

I'd have done the same if it was on a desk but it's on an oak bedside table so has to have a bare butt!

11. iSP macrumors newbie

Do you have any pics with your iPhone 6/6 Plus on the stand?

12. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Great stand. Had mine for the past 2 years. Used it for my 5, 5S, and now 6. Also use my iPad mini on it as well. Great product.

13. iSP macrumors newbie

Good idea, I have plenty of Velcro tabs/sheets already.

14. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Do you use a case with you phone or no? Been thinking about getting this too but not sure if it'll work with my case.

15. luked14 macrumors 6502

It should work with almost all cases. It comes with 3 different attachments that allow different size cases to fit.

16. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

It does work with most cases. I have the Griffin Reveal, but it can work with much larger cases.

17. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Cool. Now i finally have something to burn my Amazon credit on :)

18. Alex225 thread starter macrumors regular

Twelve South HiRise

I do indeed use a case, an X-Doria Defence 360 which is a very slim case so the positions of the stand are adjusted to that.

If you had a thicker, more protective case you can use different parts supplied that allow the lead to protrude more to accommodate the thickness of the case.

Plus the support at the back can be undone and slid back to make a gap so again will accommodate a case with a thick back.

Hopefully that makes sense haha

19. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

20. Alex225 thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone use one of these for their iPad Mini?

If so does it seem stable when it's sitting on the stand or is it quite top heavy?

Thought I'd ask rather than play about adjusting the stand or taking mine out of it's Lifeproof case (which is fiddly!).

21. Mr.C macrumors 601

If you could get suction cups to stick on the bottom that might be another solution.

22. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Well, must say, this is a pretty sweet little stand. Got the black one to match my phone and it looks pretty sweet. Only thing I have an issue with is that this thing is pretty easy to scratch/ding. Already got one tiny one on it :mad:
    That said, great little addition for my nightstand.

23. Kimball macrumors regular

Definately an awesome stand, Ive used it with my 5S/6 and iPad 4/Air, all works well, the ipad isnt super stable, but thats to be expected because of the size. I initially bought it in order to have a stand which worked with the Apple leather case, now with the open bottom of the iPhone 6 case I had to re-adjust it to fit perfectly, no problem at all. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a good looking a versatile and good looking dock/stand :cool:

24. Alex225 thread starter macrumors regular

Also I find I use the back of the stand to push against when taking the phone off, so you push the stand down with one finger so it doesn't move anyway :)