Twelve South Launches 'AirSnap' Leather Carrying Case for AirPods

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 31, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Twelve South today revealed its latest Apple accessory called the "AirSnap," which is a case made for AirPods and aimed at making the wireless headphones easier to keep handy thanks to an attached metal clip.

[​IMG]

AirSnap is made from full-grain leather and helps to protect both the AirPods and AirPods case while on-the-go. The bottom of the case has a cutout so that you don't have to remove the AirPods from the AirSnap to charge them.

Twelve South says one of the main features of AirSnap is the carabiner style metal clip:
    Those interested can purchase AirSnap from TwelveSouth's website for $29.99 in Deep Teal and Black, and a Cognac version is available to pre-order and should ship the week of August 6.

[​IMG]

The AirSnap follows the launch of Twelve South's last product, which was also designed for AirPods, called "AirFly." That accessory acts as an adapter so that you can use AirPods (or any Bluetooth headphones) where only wired headphone jacks are available, like on a plane, at the gym, or with the Nintendo Switch.

Article Link: Twelve South Launches 'AirSnap' Leather Carrying Case for AirPods

2. CerebralX macrumors 6502

CerebralX

Looking for a place of freedom and rationality
  3. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

4. RomanEmpire macrumors member

5. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

This is what I use. It attaches to the strap of my Tenba MBP/mirrorless camera bag, but I imagine it would fit other bags quite well. When I'm out shooting I use it as a spare battery holder. $10 and blends in well on most darker bags: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O2WHL4A/

This looks nice though. For a while I had a crappy silicone one with a carabiner and it felt like it was going to come off all the time. It's kinda nice that you can charge this one while it's still in the case, but I kinda prefer mine if it's on the outside of the bag because I don't want water getting into that lightning port on the bottom if I'm suddenly caught in a rainstorm. Anyone know if there is any waterproofing on the AirPods case like the iPhone has?

6. Zxxv macrumors 68040

They’re so small I just keep mine up my connection lost.... please pay your internet bill

7. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

8. Goner259er Suspended

Ha ha what a joke. The normal case works just fine for me

9. Starship67, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018

Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

Was only a matter of time. A fool and his money, are some party.

10. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

It's a trick because then I'll need another case to put this into. :D

11. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I'm not a fan of hanging or dangling things. It looks like it has issues opening. If it had more of a flap than a tight fit and also used a clip, I might get one.

12. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

Maybe for you but some people like me want to fully protect their Plastic Charging cases from scratches and keep them on things like keychains.

13. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Apple already made them perfect - the iSuppository

14. mcfrazieriv macrumors 6502a

mcfrazieriv

You TOO can be a dork with your very own AirPods leather case wrap just for the low price of $29.99.

Reminds me of those who clip their phones to their belts.

15. Zxxv macrumors 68040

[​IMG]

16. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

Something like that existed for quite some time already. A simple search on Amazon revealed a lot of these products for under $15. So no way in hell will I pay $30 for a leather product!

17. Zxxv macrumors 68040

In the good ole days people would have made one themselves, probably in school.

18. Mac Fly (film) macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

19. rshev macrumors member

rshev

20. dingle19 macrumors member

I'm surprised this hasn't been available from apple already

21. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Lucrin makes one as well.

https://www.lucrin.com/apple/earphones/airpods-leather-case.htm

If I was to get an Airpods case, it would be one of these. I have a few of their watch bands for my Apple Watch and they are great. You can choose the type of leather, the color, and contrasting stitching.

What I want to know is where is the wireless charging case for the Airpods that Apple promised, what, over a year ago?? o_Oo_Oo_O

22. Braderunner macrumors 6502a

Leaving your AirPods hanging from your purse, backpack....etc. Sounds like a thief's dream come true.

23. Jantelagen macrumors regular

Jantelagen

"Perfectly balanced. As all things should be."

[​IMG]

24. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Looks like a pair of balls in a bag. Swinging from ya jeans belt ring you’ll look quite the catch. And when they hear the price you paid they’ll be all over you.

25. pete2106 Suspended

pete2106

When I look at this, all I think about is those old men who put their phones in leather cases and clip them onto their belts. Not a good look.