Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple accessory maker Twelve South today launched an updated version of its HiRise Mac stand, called the HiRise Pro, which it's selling for $149.99. Similar to the previous iteration, HiRise Pro includes an adjustable height design (with 1-4 height options) and doubles as a storage space to reduce desk clutter.

hirise-pro-image-1.jpg

To better integrate into multiple design spaces, Twelve South's new accessory now comes with a double sided front plate in gunmetal and walnut, which you can flip over easily to pick the color you prefer. The company has also included a padded leather top valet on the HiRise Pro so you can safely place your iPhone on the ledge while you work, and don't have to worry about scratches.
Twelve South's series of HiRise products are built as an ergonomic solution to reduce neck and back strain when you sit in front of an iMac or other external display for long periods of time. The adjustable height allows you to place your iMac's screen at a more even eye level, and the product will work with any iMac and Apple-supported external display with a base width of 10 inches or less.

hirise-pro-image-2.jpg

The new double sided front plate is magnetic and includes small grilles to ensure that hard drives that may be placed inside the storage compartment have enough air circulation. When opened, the inside of the compartment includes two ledges for storing items, with the middle adujstable ledge also providing the landing space for the iMac's base.

Those interested can purchase the HiRise Pro from Twelve South today for $149.95. The older version is still available to buy for $79.99 as well.

Article Link: Twelve South Launches 'HiRise Pro' for iMac and iMac Pro

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
As a representative of not-tall users (5’5" and under) the ergonomic challenge is often lowering the screen, not raising it. My iMac at home works because of a maxed out height chair + cushion + footrest. My 30" Cinema Dispaly has those accompaniments plus a custom built work table.
1" below standard height.

Looking UP at a screen would be a recipe for physical disaster.

Looking AT such an unesthetic and useless design just hurts my soul.

Reactions: skadd and MaxSto

kajoob

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Marquis Brownlee had this same mention in his review this morning. You cannot tell me this is not a paid advertisement for 12 South. The article was prepackaged with professional pics and it’s not even a review, it reads like ad copy. Nobody is saying that Macrumos can’t have advertising, but it is illegal not to disclose pay for play like this.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Actually, I kind of think it looks kinda nice. Maybe my spouse would let me move my iMac to the rec. room? Then again I'd have to clean up all the junk on my desk ;)

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
Wow that thing is hideous. And $150 for an ugly glorified stand/shelf? They are out of their minds. Although I am sure someone will pay for it. But it is ugly ugly ugly. And no amount of money will change that.

Reactions: haruhiko

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I'm not a "monitor on a riser" kinda guy.
For those that are, and also own an iPhone 8, 8 plus or X (or I guess some flavor of Samsung?), it would have been nice if they included wireless charging capability in that top leather ledge. Set your phone down, charge your phone.

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
I'm not a "monitor on a riser" kinda guy.
For those that are, and also own an iPhone 8, 8 plus or X (or I guess some flavor of Samsung?), it would have been nice if they included wireless charging capability in that top leather ledge. Set your phone down, charge your phone.

I had the exact same thought but then this thing would be $200. I confess I have the original HiRise with my TB monitor on it and I find the utility quite reasonable. However, I paid only $30 for it during some sale a year ago. I would have stayed with a ream of paper if it wasn't for that sale price (which I some of you would still probably find too high).

skys15

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2017
For $150 I’d expect better! Such as wireless charging on top when you set your phone on it.

Reactions: jazz1

Marx55

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2005
There is a big health issue. It is BAD to look upwards to displays. It is recommended to look downwards. Get the facts. They are your eyes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.