Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twelve South today announced a new version of its iconic BookBook case for iPad, which has been designed for Apple's latest 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models.

BookBook Volume 2, like other iPad BookBooks, is a handmade leather case that's been designed to look like a classic book.

There's a built-in shell that holds your iPad Pro in place, and when opened up, the leather case serves as a display stand when the inner shell is lifted up or, when the cover is folded back, a wedge for typing and sketching.

bookbookipadpro1.jpg

Inside, there's a spot where you can hold your Apple Pencil so it doesn't get lost, and there's a camera cutout for the rear camera at the back, which is new to the BookBook.

bookbookipadpro2.jpg

An interior pocket lets you hold documents or a slim Bluetooth keyboard, and the hardback covers and the spine offer all-around protection when the case is zipped shut.

bookbookipadpro3.jpg

There are dual zippers so you can keep the case closed while leaving room for the USB-C cable for charging purposes, and the aforementioned display mode is ideal if you want to use it with an add-on keyboard.

bookbookipadpro4.jpg

You can get the new BookBook Volume 2 from the Twelve South website, with the 11-inch version priced at $89 and the 12.9-inch version priced at $99.

Article Link: Twelve South Launches New BookBook Volume 2 for 2018 iPad Pro Models

flygbuss

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
Reminds me of the old book-style plastic cover one could get for the VHS collection. Ugly as sh*t but kinda impressed me when I was a kid.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Why is it called Volume 2 but has Volume 12 written on the spine? Sloppy. Hard pass.
I wouldn’t say it’s sloppy as it’s clearly intentional. Why they did it? Not sure. All their recent cases seem to be XII

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I wouldn’t say it’s sloppy as it’s clearly intentional. Why they did it? Not sure. All their recent cases seem to be XII

XII. 12. Twelvesouth. Doh.

Finding a different excuse not to buy this horribly expensive case shouldn't be too difficult though :D

Reactions: 341328

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Maybe because Twelve (XII) South is the brand. I agree that Vol II would make more sense.

I finally realised that about 60 seconds ago. Should really be 2nd edn if they're going down the "book" route rather than Vol 2.

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
Because the best way to surround and hold onto your iPad is the look and feel of a giant plastic zipper.

smh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.