Twelve South Launches New BookBook Volume 2 for 2018 iPad Pro Models

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 28, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Twelve South today announced a new version of its iconic BookBook case for iPad, which has been designed for Apple's latest 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models.

BookBook Volume 2, like other iPad BookBooks, is a handmade leather case that's been designed to look like a classic book.

There's a built-in shell that holds your iPad Pro in place, and when opened up, the leather case serves as a display stand when the inner shell is lifted up or, when the cover is folded back, a wedge for typing and sketching.

[​IMG]

Inside, there's a spot where you can hold your Apple Pencil so it doesn't get lost, and there's a camera cutout for the rear camera at the back, which is new to the BookBook.

[​IMG]

An interior pocket lets you hold documents or a slim Bluetooth keyboard, and the hardback covers and the spine offer all-around protection when the case is zipped shut.

[​IMG]

There are dual zippers so you can keep the case closed while leaving room for the USB-C cable for charging purposes, and the aforementioned display mode is ideal if you want to use it with an add-on keyboard.

[​IMG]

You can get the new BookBook Volume 2 from the Twelve South website, with the 11-inch version priced at $89 and the 12.9-inch version priced at $99.

Article Link: Twelve South Launches New BookBook Volume 2 for 2018 iPad Pro Models

2. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Too much surrounding fabric.

But - found love in a coffee shop cause’ we had the same cases!

3. triton100 macrumors 6502

Did you bond over the cases having too much surrounding fabric ?

4. SynPiekarza macrumors newbie

5. jacktorrance macrumors regular

What?

6. nicho macrumors 68030

Why is it called Volume 2 but has Volume 12 written on the spine? Sloppy. Hard pass.

7. kup1986 macrumors member

Love Twelve South, but man, hurry up with ActionSleeve 2.0.

8. flygbuss macrumors 6502

flygbuss

Reminds me of the old book-style plastic cover one could get for the VHS collection. Ugly as sh*t but kinda impressed me when I was a kid.

9. mixel macrumors 68000

mixel

I wouldn’t say it’s sloppy as it’s clearly intentional. Why they did it? Not sure. All their recent cases seem to be XII

10. nicho macrumors 68030

XII. 12. Twelvesouth. Doh.

Finding a different excuse not to buy this horribly expensive case shouldn't be too difficult though :D

11. tegranjeet macrumors member

tegranjeet

Maybe because Twelve (XII) South is the brand. I agree that Vol II would make more sense.

12. nicho macrumors 68030

I finally realised that about 60 seconds ago. Should really be 2nd edn if they're going down the "book" route rather than Vol 2.

13. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Because the best way to surround and hold onto your iPad is the look and feel of a giant plastic zipper.

smh