Twelve South Launches SurfacePad Case for iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Denpech, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Denpech macrumors regular

Denpech

This super thin, luxury leather cover protects the front and back of your iPhone from common hazards, like concrete countertops or the keys in your purse. Along with basic protection, our newest SurfacePad for iPhone X offers automatic wake/sleep functionality when you open or close the front flap. As always, this beautiful cover features card slots for you ID and credit card and a display stand for showing off that hilarious video you discovered. It’s everything you need rolled into one beautiful leather jacket.

https://www.twelvesouth.com/product/surfacepad-for-iphone

SurfacePad for iPhone  Twelve South 2018-02-15 08-54-35.jpg

2. jsmonet macrumors newbie

Seriously?

We're looking at the same thing, right? It's very easy to see where the phone is and is not protected. If it falls on the leather, it probably won't scratch. It probably will have a modicum of impact resilience. If it falls on the exposed portions, it won't. It hurts to type that because of how obvious it is. This is their minimalist wallet "case". It sticks on the back and flaps around the front.

I liked my old one on my 6+. If i ever need a wallet case, I'll probably go with this one again.

3. jmgregory1 macrumors 68000

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    I've wondered why no companies are offering a real leather, or fabric, peel and stick wrap for iPhones, iPads, MacBooks. This is close, but the fact that it leaves so much of the iPhone exposed and appears to be overly thick, it's missing out on what you could do with leather.

You should be able to take leather, apply a pressure sensitive adhesive to the back, die-cut, or laser cut it and allow it to wrap around any iPhone like a typical vinyl wrap. The same could be done with fabric, with either providing a great level of grip and protection, without needing to add thickness for a plastic case.

4. darrinS macrumors 6502

darrinS

I have a noduscollection.com access 3 case. I really like it, especially since I can remove it and put back easily.