TwelveSouth MagicWand... anyone bought one?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Westyfield2, May 31, 2011.

1. Westyfield2 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone here got, or have any experience of, the MagicWand from TwelveSouth? For those that haven't heard of it, it's simply a bar for attaching the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to the Apple Magic Trackpad and enables you to use them as one.

[​IMG]

I'm thinking for my Mac based HTPC setup really. For Plex use I'm fine with just using my Apple Remote, but it's for other couch based HTPC use I'm thinking of. Currently I've just got a USB keyboard and mouse on a cabinet by the TV which I use when needed, but it's getting kinda annoying! The only downsides of the MagicWand that I can think of (other than the stupid name and paying $30 for a piece of plastic!) is that you won't have the physical click of the magic trackpad, you'll only have tap to click.

Anyone got any comments on it? I remember seeing it here on MacRumors when it was announced... but would like to hear from real life people that actually spent their hard earned cash on one!

2. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Use mine in the living room with my Mini. Fantastic product! Makes using the Mini more enjoyable from the couch, would definately buy again.