Twelvesouth SurfacePad Case for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aml216, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I would like to know from those of you who have tried it, how the SurfacePad case worked out for you.

For those unfamiliar:
    https://www.twelvesouth.com/product/surfacepad-iphone6

How did the adhesive do with removal and reapplication? Did the adhesive stay tacky?

The only real downside I might see to this case is that it provides no protection on the edges of your phone.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts!

2. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

I have it, used it a bit, then bought a transparent case, applied it to the case and then left it, nowadays I use it occasionally. I thought I wanted something like that, but that flip cover is annoying. I often like to use my phone without a case, thus constant reapplying is not an option for me. Adhesive is great, I removed it around 10 times and it's good as new. You can fit up to four cards in it, 2 in each slot, though it makes it much harder to remove these cards. If I could go back, I'd get BookBook case.

Note that leather will go darker over time. I have brown one, and edges are black/blue (from jeans). I'd recommend getting a black one, if you're going to carry it in your pockets.

Anyway, this case is good. You get what you pay for. With this case on, phone isn't that slippery, so dropping it is not as easy.

3. Aml216 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Thank you for the feedback!
    I tend to use the camera quit often on my phone, and having a flip case seems like it would be overly cumbersome. Thoughts?

I also sell my iPhone every year and am worried the edges will show significant wear with the surfacepad case. This is the main reason I'm leaning away from it now