Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
But you drove one car for 6 months or several.

There are plenty of options out there the bridge the gap between an SUV and a car. Subaru Outback, Volvo SUV (which really isn't like the ones we're talking about), etc. These vehicles have all wheel drive (one of the main reasons I like them) and get better than 20 mpg.

There are options and if the manufacturers tried, there'd be even more.

And gas prices over $3 could be a deterrent - but it would take years at that price to have any long term effect. You'd have to see that its not changing and the car companies would have to shift their production agenda to accommodate all of that.

D

O.K. I see where you are coming from now.... Slightly smaller designs with better gas milage. (i.e. no excursions or H2s. ;))

I personally think that the Auto makers easily could have cars out with multitudes better gas milage. But until it starts hurting sales, I don't see them doing it...

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
proud americans who can't even speak english should be tied to fossil fuel burning rockets and then blasted out. because, not speaking english is un-american.

seriously. "annouying"?

oh? typo? right. ;)

But jello, it's VERY AMERICAN to not be able to spell, form well-formed sentences, and know how to speak properly!

You know? Because it's VERY AMERICAN to spend time playing sports and being coddled for it instead of say, learning.

Sad, but true....

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
And gas prices over $3 could be a deterrent - but it would take years at that price to have any long term effect. You'd have to see that its not changing and the car companies would have to shift their production agenda to accommodate all of that.

D

The $3 price point is the one that will start to change peoples attitudes about SUVs IMHO. If it's costing $60 each time you fill up, and you can only go 400 miles that's gonna make a few people think twice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.