Twilight finale split into two movies

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by arwor16, Jun 11, 2010.

1. arwor16 macrumors newbie

Why make one Twilight film when you can charge moviegoers to see two of them?

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Fans also get an extra two and a half hours of footage, which is good. I liked the first Twilight movie. I got the second from Netflix and I plan to watch it tonight. I'm not sure if the Twlight sereis is going to focus too much on Bella's relationships rather than the vampire world and action. We'll see.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

And prolong the agony! Man the first movie was just plain awful!

4. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

hmm... seems like all these movies were extremely rushed. Theyre coming out one after the other.

5. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I wouldn't really say rushed. I would just say that they're shooting movies kind of soon after one another. A two and a half hour movie can be shot in a month or two, and effects and everything necessary can be added well quickly, especially with a high budget. Many studios just like to delay releasing their movies to put space between each.

6. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

I bet they're trying to get them out fast while the crazy teens are still liking this fad :rolleyes:.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Never saw it. I was smart enough to stop watching after the first movie.:p

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

and i never bothered with the first or the books. can't wait until its over.

9. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I guess they're following the trend with Harry Potter 7 being split up into two parts. Only thing is that Harry Potter deserves the two movies, because it's expansive story basically requires it. I'm read the Twilight series (i know, i know....), and i can promise you that the final book doesn't require more than an hour to tell the story in cinematic form.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This fills me with joy! Now I'll have 2 reasons to leave the house instead of just 1!!

11. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Actually, the books aren't half bad. It's just the films that totally suck.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

They're fully bad.

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'll trust you're opinion on this one Abstract. i have no intention of ever bothering with the series, or with the Harry Potter series either. neither hold any substance to me.

14. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I sure as hell hope the guys that pay to see these movies are doing so solely for the purpose of scoring with their dates.

15. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Touché :p

I can see why people dislike them, I just have no problems with the books. As long she just leaves it at the four books, and doesn't overdo it.

16. raymond lin macrumors regular

There are plenty of reasons why. Money would be top of the list, this way they can double their earnings for 1 script.

The other is that the last movie, breaking dawn is 700+ pages long and has plenty of material to sustained two 100 min long movies. And personally speaking, i rather they make 2 half decent movies than 1 rushed and cramped one.

I suspect its more the former than the latter though.

17. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

For anyone who has actually read the books this makes perfect sense. The is a clear and natural break in the final book, it will make more money, and it will give fans more screen time. Win-win.

18. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

No; they are complete garbage books.

19. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Amen brotha. Read them all. Actually liked them(FYI I am a teenager. So I don't look for what adults look for in a book)
    I'm not being all defenseless, but have you even read the books?

20. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I gave the books a try a few weeks back and I actually only liked the first book. Then it just got downhill from there. The movie was beyond horrible though. Kristen Stewart is hot and all but she and the other cast cannot act. At all.

21. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

This. There really is a lot of story to cover in Breaking Dawn and I had already wondered how they'd manage to cram it all in to one movie. I think this decision makes sense.

This too. ;) I enjoyed reading the "Twilight" books, and the first two movie adaptations haven't been awful, but I don't think that "Twilight" has the staying power of some other series. The producers are wise to milk this for all they can while it's still popular.