Twin sim card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wayneholbrook, Oct 17, 2011.

1. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Good evening,

I have AT&T and a iPhone 4S. I just came back on business travel from Norway and found something very interesting. Over there you can have a twin sim card meaning you can have two phones, one for business and one for personal use. When someone calls your number it will ring at both, even better, when someone texts you it also goes to both devices.

Has anyne heard of this before here in the US? If so how can I get that to work here?

2. iMarvin macrumors 6502

iMarvin

Why don't you just ask AT&T? :D

We've also had that option here in Sweden quite a while now, i have a twin card for my iPad so they share the data on my plan. Love it! :)

3. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I cannot recall the manufacturer but I know of at least one USA phone that has slots for two sim cards allowing the owner to have two different phone numbers for one device. intent of course one being personal and one being business.

That said, iPhone life mag's new issue has an ad for a twin sim card that works as you describe. Says "2 sims in one iPhone". Web addy is www.simore.us

Mike

4. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks so much.

5. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You would not ask me that if you had to call AT&T and ask them anything. You get a different answer each time you call or just "I don't know"

6. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

But what I was interested in was a twin sim card, where instead of having two phone numbers ring on one phone, I want just one number that will ring and text on two phones.

7. mjp87 macrumors newbie

You should check out Google Voice. You can have one number and put it through to any other phones you wish. Same as with Text messages. You can put texts to your email too. Everything is saved in your google voice.

Hope this helps.