Twisted iPhone? Here's how to fix it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayson A, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Jayson A macrumors 68000

This guy shows you how and it DOESN'T take much.

Just for the record, for those that don't know, my iPhone 6 was twisted a bit and it would wobble when it was glass-down on a table. I simply picked it up and twisted it with VERY LITTLE pressure and it was fixed within seconds.

I check it from time to time now. I've had to tweak it back a couple times, so yes these things are very fragile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=UUI-KJvXgRUkD-xJ7pI4RXiA&v=SD0QFLQ-A24

2. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Wow @ the 3:00 mark in that video. He hardly does anything and that phone is busted.

Yeah, no problem here at all....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. wxman2003 Suspended

The easy twisting of the iPhone 6 plus doesn't surprise me, just because of it's size and thin frame. Simple physics. This is more likely to occur than actual bending near the volume rockers. 2 different issues. A rigid plastic case will help to prevent twisting. Not a case like the Apple leather or silicone case, which are both very easy to twist and would provide zero protection for this issue.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

A person picks up a phone and TWISTS it, and you say its broken because it is SLIGHTLY bent?

If you don't twist or bend your phone, you don't have to worry about it twisting or bending.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The response was a bit sensational, but I do agree that the force applied here looked very minimal. I can see my phone having such pressure exerted on it in a pocket.

6. Jayson A thread starter macrumors 68000

To you both. I've never physically twisted my iPhone 6 with my hands (unless I'm twisting it back to it's original shape) so therefore it is getting twisted in my pocket. I'm sure that a little pressure here and a little pressure there over time will twist the iPhone out of shape. It's pretty much inevitable (unless you don't actually use your iPhone ever).

I also agree that this is not the same as bending at the volume rocker. This is the twisting issue and it's very easy to warp these big flat phones.

I kinda wish they went with a curved back design like the Moto X or HTC One to help strengthen the metal. As we all know, a dome structure is always stronger than a flat structure.

Edit: I've always been an Apple guy from the very beginning. I have always had Macs and iPhones/iPads, but this iPhone 6 release has really upset me... so much in fact that I am considering switching phone brands because I'm sick of dealing with Apple's "I don't care" type attitude. "Oh, your iPhone drops signal, don't hold it like that... oh it's bent, you obviously mistreated it"

I never thought I'd have to worry about my phone being damaged by simply being in my front pocket. It's a mobile device for Pete's sake... do they expect us to leave it at home or simply always carry it in our hands?

7. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

There are very few, if any, cases that would help prevent this kind twisting while in a pocket.

9. leventozler, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  10. bushido Suspended

bushido

11. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

12. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

13. leventozler macrumors 6502

The problem is top-left doesn't "wobble back," and stays bent - just like other bent iPhones.

14. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I've never twisted mine, and one of the corner has a play of almost 1/20,000th, based on his video. The amount of movement and clicking noise is about the same. I noticed this around the third day, when I haven't even taken it out of the house and was sitting on towels.

I've attempted slight pressure before, and it went away, but it came back. So I'm assuming it how it was assembled.

15. xealo macrumors 6502

I'm glad you already posted on this so I didn't have to. Basically, I've had a Spigen Air Cushion case on my 6+ since day one. Ever week or so(so sad, I know), I place it screen down onto a flat surface to see how its holding up. Well today I noticed it wobble from the diagonally opposite corners. In the mega "iphone bent after 2 days" thread someone mentioned that their 6+ got twisted so they un-twisted it. I tried the exact same thing and it fixed it just like in the video. I'm fine with it doing that, but the thing that worries me is how is it going to hold up in the long run?