TWiT.TV

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric/, Mar 23, 2013.

1. eric/ Guest

eric/

Hey guys, wanted to share this little gem.

For those of you who remember TechTV, and remember Leo Laporte and stuff, I found a site where he still hosts stuff, which is TWiT.TV.

I miss TechTV, and this brings me a little joy seeing the guy that inspired me to get a Mac.

Sorry if this is old news.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It's old news eric. Twit.TV has been around for several years.

I too miss the old gang at TechTV.

Still check out Leo every once in a while.

3. iMikeT macrumors 68020

4. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I was a big fan of Call for Help and The Screen Savers. I still keep up with Leo's shows. Leo sent me this several years ago

Attached Files:

5. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Yeah, they were so great. I didn't really understand much about what I had been seeing, then, but it got me super excited about technology and computers, and, well, here I am trying to be an engineer.

Also, this can just be a general thread about TechTV if too many people have already heard about this site.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

To be brutally honost eric. I think you are the only person that hasn't heard of TechTV.

Leo has been a Mac guy for 20 years.

At least.

7. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

I watched it before it merged to stupid G4, that's how I had heard about Leo. I totally forget about it until today something spurred my brain, so I went searching.

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Never heard of TWiT TV before. Anyone know it that is carried by DISH Network in the US?

As an aside, TWITS are akin to a DINK (double income, no kids) etc. It stands for Those With Income To Squander. Fitting, wouldn't you say?

9. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Gregg I don't think it's actually on TV anywhere. Just the website where they do their shows

10. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I miss that show. Both Leo and Chris do quite well doing their own shows online independantly. Boy things sure have changed a lot in 10 years.

11. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Chris Pirillo is one super hyper wired dude, isn't he? How about Patrick Norton? He's a human wrecking machine. Have you ever seen his mods? LOL! What a butcher! I still like the guy....

12. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I was kinda curious about Patrick. I haven't really followed up on what he has been doing. But Chris for sure, his posts, videos and content shows up everywhere.

Kinda funny how our usernames are almost the same.

13. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Funny but I was here first! LOL! just playin' with you my friend. Patrick is a lovable guy, but he's a disaster waiting to happen. Chris on the other hand is very knowledgeable and also likable. He's just hyper (just like me) lol!

BTW, I love your location!

14. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Chris is indeed very hyper, like me too. I think he has ADHD, like me too. Haha

My location is true. I'm located where I'm at. I work for Apple, and I just don't like to reveal too much.

No worries, I do get the joke -- but you're right, you've had your name much much longer than me. ;)

15. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Cool you work for Apple. What do you do for them? As of last week, I'm formally retired. I still do electronic repair on the side just to keep me from going bananas.

P.S. I also have ADHD since I was a kid. But they didn't know what it was at the time! I'm going to be 61 in May :)

16. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I'm an at-home advisor. If you're looking for something fun to do while enjoying retired life, check it out: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1120467&page=238

17. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Very cool :) What do I do for fun? I'm big into hiking, dining out with friends, building computers, major gadget freak, home improvements, playing music with friends (bass player for 40 plus years) etc, etc. I'd like to travel more now that I'm not working.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

19. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I like TWiT and watch a few shows regularly. I do miss TechTV & The Screensavers.

What I watch now is, MacBreak Weekly, Security Now and iPad Today.

20. tekboi macrumors 6502a

tekboi

I feel like a jackass for never having heard of this before. But now I have and I can pretend that I've always known about this to me tech friends :)

thanks.