Twitbit, the first full-featured Twitter app for the iPhone with push notifications

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by debay, Jul 15, 2009.

1. debay macrumors newbie

Hi,

My company, High Order Bit, has released Twitbit the first full-featured Twitter app with push notifications.

You can learn more about the app on its website or on the App Store. Some more detail about where we're taking Twitbit on our blog.

Comments, criticisms, feature suggestions, bug reports, or any other feedback is always appreciated.

John
    --
    John A. Debay
    Founder | High Order Bit
    john at highorderbit.com | 720.381.1674
    http://highorderbit.com

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

seems like a nice app. not trying to be mean, but realistically i think you'd sell a lot more if you lowered the price. i guess you can wait and see how it does if you want. i personally am not willing to pay $4.99 when there are other twitter apps for free. just my opinion

3. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

This pushes @replies and DMs no matter what the sender's Twitter client is? And I see on the preview screens that the text of the message isn't on the notification, just says you got a Push.

I might try this out. :)

4. tnisatard macrumors 6502

5. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

$4.99 is steep. I'll wait until the price goes down.

6. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Yeah, I probably would too. They should have promoted it for free for a day or two like iTwitter did. Push works great, but it doesn't look good to use. I mean, it looks like Twitterfon, Tweetie, and all the rest. I love Twitterific Premium because it looks great, and is very easy to use. This one is just okay. I gave it a 4 star rating in the app store.

I would like to see more customization options to make the fonts bigger, and to have your tweets a different color as well as replies and DMs a different color. Or some other themes would be nice, too. And the ability to select how many tweets you can initially load.

7. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

8. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Having push notifications for twitter seems like a cool idea. However, I have always had emails pushed to my iPhone when receiving mentions/replies. So, for me this is nothing new.

If you want to get twitter notifications simply go into your twitter profile and set it to send emails to an email account that supports push, yahoo or mobileme. This will save you from having to pay for these twitter apps that are probably not as good as the one you are currently using.

update: I just checked the twitter settings and there isn't an option to send an email when getting a mention/reply. So, these twitter push apps do server a good purpose in that respect.

9. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I'm not bashing this app. Just stating my opinion.

To me, this means that it will push all the tweets from the people I follow. Once an app can do that, then I will buy it. That would be a killer on battery life and servers, so I'd settle for a fetch schedule every 5-15 minutes.

10. The General macrumors 601

It just seems like a shoddy Tweetie clone. I wish I could get my $4.99 back. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Just look at the tweet you want to retweet, and press the home button. It's as simple as that!

No one wants to see your retweets. I promise. They are annoying. Please stop spamming up twitter with retweets. We all hate them. Just stop.

11. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

Tweetie and iTweetreply are cheaper, and with both you get the push notifications and beautiful interface of tweetie.

12. andyhargreaves macrumors regular

Really?! I don't... :-(

13. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

I said with both, iTweetreply handles the push notifications (and will soon be able to directly hand over to Tweetie). Tweetie will never have push notifications from what I've read. But buying both is cheaper than this app.