TwitFace - update Twitter and Facebook!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by macman01101, Oct 4, 2009.

1. macman01101 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I just released TwitFace in the app store. It's a simple way to update your Facebook status, Twitter, or both!

It's a lot better than linking your Twitter and Facebook accounts, because sometimes you want to send a different message to each. With TwitFace you can just select which account you want your status to go to, press share, and that's it!

Here's a couple screen shots, and the link to the app store. Thanks for checking it out!

link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=327508461&mt=8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

3. nyisles84 macrumors regular

Just got the app. It works great. Super fast, nice ui. I love the option to select either facebook or Twitter or both. Definetly a must for just needed to update quickly.

4. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Really has potential, but cant consider until there is timeline support...

5. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Thats not what this app is for

6. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Agreed. Plus I see no way of adding Facebook friends. Weird.

7. nyisles84 macrumors regular

it isn't a facebook or twitter app, it's solely for just making quick updates, especially when you want to update the same thing and don't feel like copy and pasting.

8. RobMSantos macrumors newbie

RobMSantos

I understand that your app is mainly for updating only and not for stream/feed browsing. Are you considering adding URL shortening (like bit.ly) or picture (via twitpic) at all?

9. macman01101 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah..i was thinking of adding that in, especially now that we have cut & paste. Seems like it'd be a useful feature.

you're right too, the app is simply for updating, and not for stream/feed browsing. i wanted to keep it simple, cause a lot of times you just want to update your status, and go.

i like the Facebook app a lot, but one of the problems is that it sometimes it takes a couple extra touches to get to the status update part, or sometimes it takes a few seconds to load. so, if you are driving (err...pull over on the side of the road to use your phone), in between class, at a meeting, or whatever, i wanted TwitFace to be something that you could depend on starting up the same way every time, and just let you type your status fast.

but, hey, i appreciate all of you guys checking it out!

ed

10. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I understand that but...

personally I see no point in updating my status in this app, then later opening a twitter app to see recent posts, and a facebook app to see recent posts

no way bashing the app however

-omi

11. RobMSantos macrumors newbie

RobMSantos

In no way bashing your poster either. I think this app just might not be for someone with that usage intention.

I still picture myself using the Facebook app or whatever TweetDeck app when I have time and desire to read the feeds.

Occasionally, however, I just want to send out a quick status update to let others know what's going on like, "Stopped on highway ##. Car accident." I really can't picture myself checking the latest slew of Facebook vacation photos in that situation.

There are two halves to communication on Facebook and Twitter: Broadcasting and Receiving. This is a quick broadcast app and nothing more.

12. igiggles macrumors newbie

igiggles

I can see myself using this, good work! Thats what I like to see in an iPhone app, simple functionality :)

13. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

And thats what I think makes this a good app .. its not for everyone but for those with this need its seems fast and simple.

14. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I have qStatus, which looks identical to this and I use it quite often. You can simply launch the app and start typing immediately. There's no waiting for the timeline to load. It's actually quite convenient. I would check this app out everyone. These are nice apps.

15. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

And it is a nice app. Just got it and it's nice and simple and fast. Great way to just post updates without doing anything else time consuming.