Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I deactivated my Twitter account last weeks and I get an email saying my twitter account was reactived and logged in from an unusually location who the naughty person trying to logging to my account I had to change password and redelete the account

Reactions: Goatllama

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I deactivated my Twitter account last weeks and I get an email saying my twitter account was reactived and logged in from an unusually location who the naughty person trying to logging to my account I had to change password and redelete the account

It's actually good practice to change an account's password before triggering a delete request... for the reason you just noted, i.e. someone else could try to revive the thing with a stolen pass.

Thanks for sharing, hope others will consider your experience and benefit from it.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I had the same message on both of my Twitter accounts yesterday. One login came from New Mexico and the other just said it noticed suspicious activity.

One account was opened in 2009 but I only used it that summer and the other one is my daily. Usually it warns me if I login from another browser which is normal but they always say the logon came from Arvada Colorado and not New Mexico. I changed the password.

These "hackers" were busy yesterday.

Videomanmac

Suspended
Apr 3, 2015
One day, I found my Twitter account to have a lot of unwanted and random followers!
[doublepost=1471893483][/doublepost]
Deleted the account who the bad person who can guess my password It hard to figure out
What was the IP address?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I just got another one saying that twitter noticed suspicious login attempts. Here's the email I've been getting. It's not an actual login, just an attempt. This email IS from Twitter.

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 12.15.33 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.