twitter app that lets you delete tweets as well?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by deadsouls, Jan 13, 2009.

1. deadsouls macrumors regular

of the couple i've tried already i can't seem to find any that actually lets you delete entries as well? seems like it should be a staple function for a twitter app.

anyone know of one that lets you do this? hate posting something by mistake/with a typo/whatever and then having to wait till im back on a computer to fix/remove it.

2. tha80sbrat macrumors regular

TwitterFon lets you delete tweets. Tap on the tweet you want to delete and it gives you options on what you want to do.

Best Twitter app on the iphone bar none.

3. KRAPPS macrumors 6502

KRAPPS

Twittelator has this functionality as well ... there is a small trash can icon to the right of your tweet which allows you to delete

4. deadsouls thread starter macrumors regular

i'll try out twitterfon. thanks

5. Maxington macrumors 6502

6. tha80sbrat macrumors regular

I used Twitterific for several months until I found Twitterfon. It is 100x better than Twitterific. Don't take my word for it. Download it, try it out, and you'll see why I'm pushing this app so much.

7. jaikins macrumors newbie

How to delete stored tweets

I have twitterfon, but how do I delete the tweets received there. Initially I got a lot of ones I don't want, and would like to reclaim the space. Anyone know? The earlier reply referred only to tweets that we initiate. :confused:

8. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

I agree, Twitterfon is what I use...and its FREE! Now I havent used Tweetie (everyone seems to really love that one), but its $3 I think.

9. jaikins macrumors newbie

How do I delete tweets using Twitterfon?

There is a reply in this chain that says that Twitterfon gives you an option to delete Tweets. I don't see it. When I tap on a Tweet, my options are only:
    Reply, Send a DM, or Retweet. That's all. How do you clear out these tweets?

Thanks.

10. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

I second the use of tweetie. As far as I am concerned, it is the perfect twitter app.

11. hboon macrumors newbie

I'm the developer for SimplyTweet. If you find it hard to navigate or follow reply chains especially - multiple clicks/touches, difficult to read, etc. Then you will probably like SimplyTweet's conversation view.

It doesn't delete tweets yet. But I'm actively developing on it. It'll likely be added in the coming update.

12. aalaap macrumors newbie

TwitWipe deletes all tweets in one go!

I just made a web app that does just this! It's called TwitWipe. Check it out here - http://twitwipe.com

It's currently in private beta because it's so destructive, but it'll be live in just a few days!

;)

- Aalaap

13. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

SimplyTweet lets you delete your posted tweets. Just tap on the tweet and it will open it and show you a big red trashcan at the top. Simple.

14. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

You can only delete your own Tweets.

15. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Twitterific and Twitterific Premium let you delete your own tweets. It's the only one that I use.

16. Leesee macrumors newbie

i have twitter premium

Tell me exactly HOW it's done step by step. Thanks:)

17. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

18. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Tweetie 2 is not only one of the best Twitter apps, it's one of the most polished iPhone apps.

19. nfl46 macrumors 603

Pretty much every Twitter app in the App store deletes tweets now. This topic is a year old though. So, a year old I'm guessing most didn't. I use TwitBird Pro, and it deleted Tweets.

20. KrissieMarie macrumors newbie

twitter app has delete tweet availability

This thread is old, but I couldn't find any other sites to help so here's what I discovered for the official twitter app for the iphone:

Go to ... at bottom right-hand corner for Profile > My Profile > ####Tweets (2nd box from left on bottom) click on the tweet you want to delete then click and hold anywhere on the text to choose Delete.

A "Delete Tweet" button will appear. That's it!

21. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The official Twitter app for iPhone allows you to do this. It is a Universal app but you can't delete on the iPad which is strange.

22. KrissieMarie macrumors newbie

It's not intuitive at all! :confused: