Twitter App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by xAnthony, Mar 3, 2011.

1. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Okay so I'm not sure if this is just for me.. but this is SUPER ANNOYING. So everytime I load up Twitter (The real Twitter iPhone app) I see my timeline and it always shows about an hour of my tweets then has a grey box and then tweets from 4 hours ago. I understand that when you tap on the grey box it loads all the ones you missed... but then you have to scroll down for an hour trying to figure out where the hell your last unread tweet was. Does anyone else have this annoying problem and is there a way to fix it? Or is the app just this horrible. I've been using Twitbird Pro and it's been really good about this. It always shows me my last about 9 hours of tweets (Or last 200 which is usually 8-9 hours).

Sorry for the bit of a rant but I'm super annoyed at this app right now. And it's the only one that seems to be sending me proper push notifications.

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

The latest version of the official Twitter.app is somewhat broken. It's crashy, has an annoying trending status bar that you can't remove and is otherwise full of fail. I've already given it a one star review on iTunes, and it's getting thousands of others.

If you still have a previous version I suggest rolling back, otherwise sit tight. Hopefully they'll fix it (and see the error of their ways as far as the status bar thing)

3. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

If your Jailbroke and want rid of the 'Trends' bar then download Twizzler from Cydia, it removes the bar :)

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I use Boxcar to send me twitter notifications.

I still use the default Twitter app with it, but if you wanted to try a different app I'm just saying you should try Boxcar notices instead of the built-in ones for whichever app you try.

5. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Thanks guys. I started to use boxcar for notifications and I'm trying out other Twitter applications. I hate the new update to the Twitter app.

6. Fedorov macrumors 6502

TweetList has rocketed up the Social Networking category on the Appstore today since the demise of the official Twitter app which most people hate.

If you are looking for an alternative you seriously need to give TweetList a try.
    TweetLogix also came out with a new version today and Tweetings is another excellent choice.

7. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I'll check those all out. Thank you!

8. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I have tried most of the Twitter apps and concur that Tweetings is an excellent choice.

Steve

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

No love for Twitterrific? Use the original. It's great.

10. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Echofon or Osfoora are both good also. On my 3G I vastly preferred Echofon to Twitter.

11. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

i don't know how seriously i should take app store reviews, but why do all most of the new reviews for almost all the twitter apps say that they're broken.. :confused:

12. nburwell, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I personally don't use the official Twitter app, but from looking at my Twitter feed, there have been a lot of complaints from people after the new update was released. I know at least a handful of people that I follow have ditched the app in favor of paid apps like Osfoora, Tweetlist, Echofon, etc.

I d/l'd the app to see what all the complaining was about. I really didn't notice any crashing or anything like that. Although since I have used the app in the past, this update is definitely a step in the wrong direction. Fortunately, I use Tweetlist as my Twitter client.

13. Fedorov macrumors 6502

TweetList, TweetLogix or Tweetings are the top 3 most actively developed clients now.

TweetList is my personal preference but all 3 I can recommend to anyone looking around.

14. PopCulture macrumors member

Yeah, I stopped using the official one. TweetList is the one I prefer as well.

15. WigWag Workshop macrumors 6502

WigWag Workshop