Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Hi,
I have an strange an issue for the last couple of days with the two twitter apps I have, echofon and the official twitter app.
When I'm on 3G neither apps will update the timeline or searches , they will only update when I'm on Wi-Fi so I don't know where the problems lies.
Everything else seems to be working fine when I'm on 3G, I can get emails, surf the web etc... but the twitter apps won't update:confused:

I have the iphone 4 with the latest updates.

what could be the problem?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hi,
I have an strange an issue for the last couple of days with the two twitter apps I have, echofon and the official twitter app.
When I'm on 3G neither apps will update the timeline or searches , they will only update when I'm on Wi-Fi so I don't know where the problems lies.
Everything else seems to be working fine when I'm on 3G, I can get emails, surf the web etc... but the twitter apps won't update:confused:

I have the iphone 4 with the latest updates.

what could be the problem?

have you tried deleting then re-installing the app?

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
It is likely just a coincidence that Twitter is having API issues when you have been on 3G, I was having issues with Twitter not updating yesterday for a while but it resolved itself after a while.

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
It is likely just a coincidence that Twitter is having API issues when you have been on 3G, I was having issues with Twitter not updating yesterday for a while but it resolved itself after a while.

it's been two days already. I haven't found anything on their Twitter status page about any issues:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.