Twitter desktop clients

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by NewEyesOpen, Feb 23, 2010.

1. NewEyesOpen macrumors regular

How many of you guys use them? and if you do, do you see a real need or advantage from using it?

also, if you use one, which one do you recommend?

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'm using Tweetie right now. I started using that because I fell in love with their iPhone app. (I use the free version. I'm not sure I understand how their desktop version can be so much more expensive than the iPhone app, when it doesn't do much, if anything, more.)

I used Twitterlex for about a day. That day sucked. It sat on my dashboard, blank, and never connected.

If you're looking for something bare bones, Twitterific would fit the need.

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I had trouble with Tweetie signing me in whenever I opened the app, and their customer service sucks. I use Echofon (formerly Twitterfon), and they've really bumped up the features in the latest release. I prefer it to Tweetie, and it takes up less real estate on the screen. The only thing it's missing is the menubar icon..

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I have Nambu. I remember reading a decent review about it a few months ago and decided to give it a try. Still using it, since its free.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I use Tweetie, which is in desperate need of an update.

On the iPhone, I prefer Twitterific.

6. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

TweetDeck for the Mac and Tweetie for the iPhone.

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Tweetie all the way. but one little thing it needs is a number for notifications in that little red badge. for multiple notifications there is no number :(.

btw it might seem a bit limiting at first, but you can do everything that you can on the web with Tweetie.