MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

twitterlogo-250x204.jpg
Twitter says it has added the ability to schedule tweets using its web interface, suggesting the same option could eventually make it to the platform's iOS app.

Previously, users who wanted to schedule tweets have had to use third-party apps like Buffer and TweetDeck. Now they can do so in Twitter's native web app, via a calendar icon on the bottom of the compose window.

In addition, users can now also save draft tweets in the web app, although currently they won't be synced to drafts in Twitter's mobile app, and vice versa.

Twitter has been experimenting with scheduled tweets since November, so hopefully it won't be long before we see the feature make it to mobile.

Article Link: Twitter Enables Scheduled Tweets in Web App

Last edited:

Murkrage

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2017
So people can turn into bots...

I don't see how that will happen? Are you a bot for scheduling an email going out? Or how about a birthday card send from the hallmark website scheduled to arrive in time for someone's birthday.

Comment

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I don't see how that will happen? Are you a bot for scheduling an email going out? Or how about a birthday card send from the hallmark website scheduled to arrive in time for someone's birthday.

Let’s not compare stuff like that to Twitter..hardly the same

• Disagree
Reactions: jonblatho
Comment

turbineseaplane

macrumors G3
Mar 19, 2008
I hate features like this.

It mainly enables marketing spam, which is the antithesis of what is great about Twitter - real time reaction and interaction.

People sending out 4 scheduled tweets a day about their podcast or book is just "ugh".

Comment

krfr

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
I haven’t ever found the need to schedule a tweet, but I wouldn’t complain having the option. Hopefully the mobile version will be added soon.

Reactions: autrefois
Comment

BrianBaughn

macrumors 604
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I see a potential abuse…a company or person schedules a tweet announcement that affects the stock market…someone at Twitter is able to see it ahead of time and pass on insider info.

Comment

MacBH928

Contributor
May 17, 2008
This is only 9 years too late 🤣 🤣 🤣
I used to do this almost a decade ago, I will never understand why corporates take so much time to implement simple features.

Comment

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
Twitter is a toxic cesspool.. Now they're encouraging bot behavior. Nice.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.