Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I don't really think they will be coming back. They were kind of shoe horned into iOS 6 and they don't particularly make sense in the new notification center.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I think they will return in widget form on the "Today" tab. In Mavericks Notification Center has Quick Reply, FB, and Twitter, I think Apple is working on Quick Reply for iOS since I noticed app banners are larger, and take up more room than needed, and we haven't gotten back the widgets yet. They are still adding things. Music ratings recently returned in beta 3.

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
it would be a dumb feature to take out IMO, I used the tweet compose one 24/7. Only reason ill be JBing again if it will not be re-added..

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Anyone know how or if you can get the Twitter/Facebook opitons back in the Notification Center? Does anyone think they'll add it back?

I have seen mockups showing widgets on the control panel that comes up when you swipe up from the screen. And those have facebook and twitter one tap widgets on it. I would think it would be easier to include in the control panel, rather than the notification center up top.

FuriousJones

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
I'm pretty sure those buttons will make a comeback. You can still post a tweet and a Facebook status from Siri. This tells me it's still embedded into iOS...just prob waiting to add later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.