Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zanneth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Hi all!

I'm having an issue with Twitter for Mac that I can't seem to find a solution for online. Twitter for Mac doesn't remember my Twitter credentials when I quit and relaunch the app. My MacBook Pro remembers them fine, but I have to reenter my username and password every time I launch the app on my Mac Pro. I tried using AppZapper to remove the app's cache, preferences, etc., but it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

bindle

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2008
I believe it stores your credentials in the keychain, so check that it's able to access it properly. Try keychain first aid & make sure the login keychain is default.

jandrewjohnson

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
Twitter's keychain requirements

I am having the same problem as the OP. However, Keychain First Aid did not resolve my issue. Anyone have any more specifics on how/what the Twitter app needs in the keychain. I

have added other apps that use the keychain access (for sync, login, etc) and have not run into issues lately.

I did a plist search for twitter related files, but came up empty (or really too many to differentiate directly attributable to twitter app as opposed to other apps using twitter API).

Many thanks.

EDIT: RESOLVED

After some messing around, I determined that following a "new" install of the twitter app (from the mac app store in my case) requires a "re-authorization" from the twitter web app. In twitter on the web, under the user settings > Application tab, you must "revoke access" to the twitter app and relaunce the mac app. After much trial an error, that fixed my problem. If twitter had a little better support system in place maybe it would not have taken quite so long.

Last edited:

joelfoolery

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
login whilst hiding from dock

I have the same problem as jandrewjohnson. I tried keychain first aid but it didn't work so I just reinstalled it and it solved my problem.

what i really like about the twitter app is that i can have my updates in my menu bar. To declutter my dock (why would you have it in both?) I added some lines to the app's info.plist file to make sure that it doesn't appear when it is open.

(I did this by putting these two lines under the first <dict> tag:
Code:
<key>NSUIElement</key>
<string>1</string>
- a pretty handy tip i'm sure you'll agree)

But now it won't log automatically again!

So i've got a trade off: either have it in the dock glaring at me annoyingly or have to type in my details every time I open it on log in screwing up the order that my menu bar items display in.

Anyone got any ideas? Would be much appreciated

sepsep

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
empty cache

in the Twitter app, go to the menu on top left, click on Twitter-->Empty Cache

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.