Twitter for Mac won't stay signed in

ccolaco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
I'm having trouble figuring out as to why Twitter on the Mac won't stay logged into my account. Every time I quit the app, and launch it again I have to re-login. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Thoughts?

ArchiMark

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
I'm having trouble figuring out as to why Twitter on the Mac won't stay logged into my account. Every time I quit the app, and launch it again I have to re-login. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Thoughts?
What web browser do you use?

Not 100% sure, but think some browsers have options to delete cookies, etc, when closing program. If so, then the login info file would be gone when you restart browser and navigate to Twitter site and thus you'd need to login again...

Try checking your browser prefs related to this....if not that, then something else is causing the login info to be deleted or not saved....

ccolaco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
What web browser do you use?

Not 100% sure, but think some browsers have options to delete cookies, etc, when closing program. If so, then the login info file would be gone when you restart browser and navigate to Twitter site and thus you'd need to login again...

Try checking your browser prefs related to this....if not that, then something else is causing the login info to be deleted or not saved....
I'm actually referring to the Twitter app for the Mac (as found in the Mac App Store).

ccolaco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Try to re-dlownload the app. Open your keychain access and delete all Twitter files.
I had re-installed the app before but had't tried deleting all its keychain files. Thats what ended up fixing the problem. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.