twitter help please

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by twisted-pixel, Aug 10, 2010.

1. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

hi peoples,

I'm a bit of a twitter newb and have installed the twitter app, however I don't seem to get notified of anyone tweetting. The only way I know is by going into the app and looking. Maybe that's how it is supposed to work, but I thought I would get notified of someones tweet

is there a setting somewhere that lets me know if someone I am following posted something? should I get any notifications at all?

or am I using the the wrong app perhaps?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You don't really want to get notified every time someone updates, when you have more that a few people you follow, the update would be never ending. Depending on the client you use you should get notified when someone direct messages you.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Depending upon the client you may not be getting push notifications. If the app exists that does that then google may be the one to know. I did a quick search and the first thing that came up was "Boxcar", an app I've never heard of, which means little.

4. chappy87 macrumors regular

Boxcar is awesome, although it really only sends notifications when people tweet "@ replies" to you.