Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevenly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
The wrong planet.
Once a Twitter account has been setup should tweets begin appearing in the notification center? I have set up a user's Twitter account and they are able to tweet with the quick tweet button in the notification center but there are no tweets appearing there even though the Twitter application from Mac App Store shows new tweets appearing. Does notification center only show tweets that are sent directly to the user (i.e. has their name as @name in the tweet) or should they be receiving all tweets they are subscribed to there? The user expected all the tweets they would normally have to go to twitter.com or open their Twitter app to see to now be appear in the notification center. Thanks or any insight.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
As the options for Twitter notifications state, you can choose to see Mentions and / or Direct Messages only.

Kevenly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
The wrong planet.
I know nothing of Twitter so I don't know what direct message or mention means in relation to it but I'm going to assume that what you are saying is that the user's name has to be in the tweet itself for it to show up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.