Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Twitter Makes It Easier to See Quote Tweets in iOS App

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twitter today announced a new feature for its iOS app, which is designed to make it easier to recognize retweets with comments, which can often go unnoticed by tweet writers.

On iPhone and iPad, all retweets with comments are shown in a list that can be accessed by tapping on a tweet and then choosing the "Retweets" option. Retweets will be organized into retweets with no comment and retweets that have a comment with the tweet, as demoed in Twitter's video.

Quote-style retweets can already be viewed through Twitter's search option, but this is a much more streamlined way of viewing retweets with comments.

Not all users appear to have access to the new interface as of it, but it is rolling out as of today.

Article Link: Twitter Makes It Easier to See Quote Tweets in iOS App

stevet

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2009
Can they add syncing across platforms. I like Tweetbot just for this but they have fallen behind features because twitter locked them down. IF you're going to do that at least make it easy for people to look on a computer and then pick up where they left off. on their phone.

Reactions: longdogs

TFK.

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
Dubai
Am still using Twitter version 6.67 ( a 4 years update) on my iPhone X running iOS 11 & I can’t imagine updating my twitter... They took out so many things on the newer updates and now they are coming back with the “Retweets with comments”.. oh and the new interface don’t get me started with that mess :(

Reactions: Breezygirl

longdogs

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Lichfield UK
Can they add syncing across platforms. I like Tweetbot just for this but they have fallen behind features because twitter locked them down. IF you're going to do that at least make it easy for people to look on a computer and then pick up where they left off. on their phone.

Absolutely. The lack of timeline syncing is what stops me from using the official clients. It seems a very obvious thing for them to add.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.