Twitter newbie: Disable notifications for user

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Nermal, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hi,

I'm new to Twitter and have recently got a new phone. At the moment, I get a notification on my phone whenever one of my friends sends a tweet. One of these friends sends 30+ messages per day and I really don't need to get notifications for them.

I've gone to her page on twitter.com and have turned off the "send to mobile phone" option, but I'm still getting a notification on my phone whenever she tweets something. This option worked on my old phone (which used text messages rather than the notification system). Does anyone know how to resolve this? The phone is a Nexus One with the built-in Twitter app.

2. 10smom macrumors regular

10smom

Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to turn off one of my users as well. Thanks

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm afraid not. The latest version of the Twitter app still has this issue :(

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

On my iPhone I just went to Settings and found the Twitter.app settings and turned it of from there.

5. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm, the Android version doesn't seem to have an option. Just in case I'm looking in the wrong place, what's it called in the iPhone version?

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Hit the "Unfollow" button. Gotta keep up the signal:noise ratio.