Twitter not pushing in evening

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Brandrune, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Brandrune macrumors member

Hey all,

I seem to have a problem where after around 16:00GMT in the evening my push notifications stop working and don't work again until the morning. This is very annoying as most of my notifications I would receive in the evening. After speaking with a friend, it may be down to a problem with Twitter yet I am unsure what it would be. I've done all the usual (delete app, reinstall, remove Twitter accounts, revoke access) apart from a restore but don't know how to solve this issue now.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

You can set up sms notifications on Twitter's website. Then you don't have to worry about what applications are working or not with regards to their push notifications.

3. Brandrune thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your response. I realise this is a possible option but it's one I shouldn't have to do as Push Notifications should work.

4. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Yeah but this method lets you bypass push notifications and use your favorite Twitter app even if it doesn't support native push.

Plus, this way, you can just open the Messages app and see all your replies and direct messages without having to open a Twitter app.