Twitter not showing up in Notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Jape, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Jape macrumors member

twitter is not showing up in the notification center. I have it enabled twitter notifications enabled, but only weather and stocks show up.

2. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

it will appear in Notification Center only when you receive a NEW tweet.

3. burnside macrumors 6502

I have the same issue. I get notifications for mail, ESPN, and other apps, but no tweet notifications ever pop up. I have all notifications set to on in Settings->Notifications->Twitter and also have notifications set to on from within the Twitter app.

Any clues?

4. tlam19 macrumors newbie

only displays when someone @replies or DM's you

5. Jape thread starter macrumors member

I have gotten new tweets.. :(

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Truth. Standard tweets won't show up in Notification Center.

7. Newfiebill macrumors regular

Newfiebill

Makes Sence

If you were to get a notifcation form every single tweet for "ALL" your followers or people you follow then your idevice would not be able to keep up.

8. burnside macrumors 6502

Yeah, this makes sense, I get it. For me though, I don't tweet with anyone. I just have an account setup to get news from a couple sports columnists and that's it. It would be nice if there could be a setting which you could receive standard tweets from marked individuals.

9. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

would be nice to at least be able to view your twitter feed in the Notification Center like you can do with LockInfo

10. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You can. Sort of. On Twitter.com, you can select certain accounts to be sent as a text every time they tweet. I use it on accounts I'm expecting big news from. Just make sure you have unlimited texts as it can rack them up fast.

11. sexybravesfan macrumors newbie

Notification Center is the perfect place for a news feed and sports ticker similar to the stock and weather widgets. I too was hoping that I could use twitter as my news feed in Notification center, but oh well.