Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

njsp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
I have it 'on' under notifications, but it's not showing up in my notification center, any suggestions?

Reactions: cpwatson

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Which app are you using?

Most of them have settings within the app.

For example, I use Tweetbot but even after turning the notifications on I have to go into Tweetbot's setting and tell it what things I want it to notify me about. Before I do that it's allowed to notify me, but isn't actually sending anything.

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
It won't notify you everytime somebody your following tweets (if it did the notification would never be off the top of my screen!!), its for DM's and mentions, possibly if somebody follows you as well (but I'm not sure about that one.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
It won't notify you everytime somebody your following tweets (if it did the notification would never be off the top of my screen!!), its for DM's and mentions, possibly if somebody follows you as well (but I'm not sure about that one.

Truth. Twitter notifications are ONLY for Direct Messages and Mentions. If you'd like to get notifications when someone tweets, you'll need to enable text alerts on Twitter.com for that account.

njsp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Truth. Twitter notifications are ONLY for Direct Messages and Mentions. If you'd like to get notifications when someone tweets, you'll need to enable text alerts on Twitter.com for that account.

Ok, that solves that! Thanks so much!

----------

Ok, thanks!

cpwatson

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2017
I had Twitter sending me alerts as does Facebook, email, text messages. But at some point my Twitter no longer issues a banner or alert.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
turn on accesbility of app which you want notifications on status bar
What does "turn on accessibility of app" mean exactly? And how does that relate to seeing anything in the status bar, let alone notifications?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.