Twitter Notification Sound Issues

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by GR33NIE, Oct 13, 2011.

1. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

Anyone else having issues with this? The default after updating is 'Tweet' for the notification sound but despite this and choosing others I constantly get 'Tri-Tone' as the notification sound and nothing else any ideas?

Am I missing something? :confused:

----------

Got a friend with the same issue, could be a genuine problem? :confused:

2. gr4z macrumors regular

3. GR33NIE thread starter macrumors 6502

Can't be reading the Twitter App / Integration correctly, 3 people with the same issue is too much of a coincidence unless we are all missing something which I don't think we are :)

4. hoosiersunited macrumors member

Having same issue - if anyone finds a fix that'd be great.

5. mszpara macrumors regular

Yeah I'm getting this too, and it's kinda odd.

It only does the "Tweet" sound when I SEND a tweet, using either my Photos app or Youtube. So it seems that changing that Twitter sound setting only affects the sound your phone makes when you SEND a tweet, using the iOS 5 integrated channels.

Dumb, I know.

6. ZepFloyd macrumors member

was just about to ask this same question, when i get a twitter notification, it does the normal sound. also even when i send a tweet out from twitter for iphone, it doesnt even make the sound i have. so i guess you might be right it only makes the sound when you send a photo/video from the phone to twitter. very odd. i'd love to be able to set a custom tone when i receive a tweet.

hopefully that comes in an update