Twitter Notifications Killing Me

SamAshleyBlogs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have disabled many notifications options in Twitter. I continue to get notifications about suggested content, suggested people, etc. This is NOT DMs, @ replies or anything major.

I've toggled them all off and once I go back into the app they are turned back on. ALL day I'm getting notifications that someone I followed tweeted something.

I don't want to turn my phone notifications for Twitter totally off as I do need to know if someone Tweets at me or DMs (I run social media for the company I work for).

Has anyone dealt with this? Is there a fix?

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I have disabled many notifications options in Twitter. I continue to get notifications about suggested content, suggested people, etc. This is NOT DMs, @ replies or anything major.

I've toggled them all off and once I go back into the app they are turned back on. ALL day I'm getting notifications that someone I followed tweeted something.

I don't want to turn my phone notifications for Twitter totally off as I do need to know if someone Tweets at me or DMs (I run social media for the company I work for).

Has anyone dealt with this? Is there a fix?
Facebook does something similar. I'd highly recommend Tweetbot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.