Twitter Spam?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by berthenderson, Oct 15, 2012.

1. berthenderson macrumors member

I had a follower on Twitter that was a fake account, of a woman 'offering herself'. I went to her profile on my iPad to block her, but as I went to press block, I hit the link 'she' was advertising by accident. I closed Safari before the link loaded. Could anything have be installed on my iPad from the site?

2. berthenderson thread starter macrumors member

3. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think you're fine. Enjoy your mail order bride buddy!

5. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Rest assured many of us have accidently hit the link to women offering themselves.

6. berthenderson thread starter macrumors member

No it's not jail broken. Is there a way to check if there's anything on my iPad that's not supposed to be there? Or is there definitely no way anything could have been installed or downloaded from the link?

7. berthenderson thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for bumping, am just concerned because my nephews use this and I don't want them to stumble onto anything that shouldn't be there.

8. stuaz macrumors 6502

No there is nothing that got onto your iPad.

If you are particulary wondered, you can clear your history, cookies and all that crazy stuff.

But you have no virus/malware on your iPad.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Two different problems, with differing answers/solutions.

1. There is no way for a virus to infect an unjailbroken iPad, as the OS doesn't allow them to run.

2. For your nephew not to stumble onto iffy websites you have visited on your iPad, you need to clear out your Safari histories and cookies. Or better yet, use "in private" browsing mode, which doesn't store histories/cookies.