Twitter Starts Rolling Out Updated Website With New Design

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 15, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Twitter today announced the launch of a new Twitter.com experience on the desktop, which includes several new features and design changes.

The Twitter website on desktop has a whole new look that's cleaner and more modern, along with support for bookmarks so you can save tweets plus an easily accessible Explore page for getting a quick look at what's trending. Design wise, it's similar to the Twitter for mobile experience.

[​IMG]

Account switching can be done using the side navigation bar, which is an easier way to manage multiple accounts. The new Dim and Dark Mode Lights Out themes have been added, and there are other new color options to personalize your profile.

Conversations are easier to follow thanks to new conversation threading tools, and along with better access to bookmarks, the new web experience offers up quick access to lists and profile options.

On the Twitter.com website, some people will see an option to enable the new look now, and Twitter says it will be launching for everyone in the near future.
    Twitter has long been teasing its updated web experience, and Twitter for web users won't have to wait much longer to give it a try.

Article Link: Twitter Starts Rolling Out Updated Website With New Design

2. busyscott macrumors regular

busyscott

3. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Twitter - The best at rolling out updates and changes that nobody asked for while ignoring the issues that users are complaining about regarding their app.

4. TVGenius macrumors member

Noticed it on my laptop last night. New tweets don't appear when you have it sorted chronologically, and the 'See X New Tweets" doesn't appear at the top, so manual refresh is the only way.

5. now i see it macrumors 68040

6. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68020

H3LL5P4WN

Good to know.

I was going to check it out, but I pretty much just use the official apps exclusively. I miss the days when Tweetbot (and other 3rd party clients) had full access.

7. cflem macrumors regular

cflem

In their defense - it actually looks and works like the mobile app. THANK GOODNESS!

8. robbysibrahim macrumors regular

robbysibrahim

9. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

10. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

Hmm, it asked me a couple of weeks ago to change.

11. itsmilo macrumors 68030

itsmilo

Haven’t used the twitter website personally in like ever

12. unfunfionn macrumors member

unfunfionn

Got it a few weeks ago. I wouldn’t call this a redesign, more the case of a company failing to learn that mobile first ≠ mobile best. I’ve found the user experience massively inferior to the old site.

13. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

It's 2019 - can websites SERIOUSLY stop trying to make mobile and desktop versions look the same? Literally nobody asked for this redesign.

14. Avenged110 macrumors 6502

Avenged110

Which is tech. company-speak for 'uglier and more phone-like.'
    --- Post Merged, Jul 15, 2019 ---
    Problem is, it's always about making desktop sites more "mobile" and never vice versa.

15. Mike MA macrumors 68020

Mike MA

My first thought as well. Let’s hope this ist the only common ground to come.

16. MisterSavage macrumors 65816

MisterSavage

When you run the Twitter app in slide-over mode and click a URL it takes over your main screen with the website instead of displaying it in a Safari view in the slide-over window. Drives me absolutely batty.

17. Bustycat macrumors regular

Bustycat

Still better than the outdated Facebook which cannot really display the feed with a chronological order...

18. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

Can you copy embed links? I tested the new interface a couple months ago and they removed that feature, so I opted out.

19. Romeo_Nightfall macrumors 6502

Romeo_Nightfall

This looks like all the other under weighted bulemia websites. We need scott forstall so desperately everywhere!
    The complete ui design has been going rogue

20. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

I don't like it. I literally thought something was broken when I logged into it. I usually only spend half an hour there. Monday it was 4 minutes. Well that's a timesaver I guess, so I won't complain, just won't go there much any more, I only used it to follow news outlets for media to which I subscribe so I'll just go back to using bookmarks to their homepages.

21. Bustycat macrumors regular

Bustycat

No:rolleyes:

22. Rychiar macrumors 6502

Rychiar

people still use twitter? I only know it still exists cus of Howard stern talking about it. My clients don't even want it on their ads anymore

23. bluespark macrumors 68000

Same here -- I got those changes at least two weeks ago. Maybe it makes a difference that I'm a very frequent Twitter user?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 16, 2019 ---
    Funny, I wouldn't have realized Howard Stern was still around but for the fact I recently saw him mentioned in a tweet.

24. amaguire macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Jul 29, 2019 ---
    Ever since the latest update, scrolling has been slow and jerky on my desktop. The feed also seems to jump ahead prematurely sometimes. Is there any fix?

25. s15119 macrumors 68000

s15119

Only 126 million people every day.