Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
For many apps, an easier solution to clearing the cache is to log out of the app's account and then log in again.

Last edited:

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
I use Tapatalk, the forum-browsing app, on both my iPhone and iPad to browse Forums (including this one!)

Tapatalk has a "Clear Cache" option in its settings that allows a user to clear the app's cache (mostly cached photos, videos and other similar media) and that will inevitably reduce the "size" of the app right down again.

So it is clearly possible on an iOS device, but just down to the relevant app's Developer to implement?

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
After reading this thread, I deleted my weather app and Dropbox, then reinstalled them. Got almost 1 GB of space back. Google + also has to be deleted often, if you use it a lot.

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
After reading this thread, I deleted my weather app and Dropbox, then reinstalled them. Got almost 1 GB of space back. Google + also has to be deleted often, if you use it a lot.

You should only have to log out and log in on the Dropbox and Google apps for their caches to clear.

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
iOS automatically clears app cache when you need more storage space. You shouldn't have to so it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.