Twitter Verification Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rstark18, Oct 10, 2013.

1. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I have had Twitter two factor verification turned on since it came out. Yesterday while in chrome I needed to clear my cache and cookies. When I went to re-login to Twitter it sent a verification to my phone and I went to accept but I get an error. now I'm in this endless loop trying to get logged in on the desktop. I'm still logged in on my ipad and iphone. Anyone know a workaround? Also when I go to security feature on Twitter on the iPhone it seems to give me errors. I also tried resetting my password but that doesn't work because of the loop I get with the iPhone verification. SO ANNOYING!!

2. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Same problem here.

Trying to login on twitter.com = "we've sent a login verification to Twitter iPhone app."

Trying to login on iPhone app = "Error - you must create a temporary password on twitter.com."

Endless loop. Attempted to contact support and received an automated reply telling me to check my time zone settings. :rolleyes:

3. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Twitter Verification Issue

WTF time zones?
    Btw. Exact same messages.
    If I get this straightened out I'm getting rid of their half ass two factor until they set it up like Google

4. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm also getting when I receive my iPhone verification:

Error
    Sorry, that login request is incorrect, please try signing in again.

5. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here is the error when trying to verify on the iPhone:
    [​IMG]

6. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

As a quick update. It's been 7 days since the ticket was opened and have not got a response. Also, no response from @support either.
    This is going to be a problem because I can't even delete my account to free up my email for another name. I wish I could figure out a solution.

7. Aidy06 macrumors regular

Good luck, I opened a ticket and finally got my account back 5 weeks later. Their support is virtually non existent

8. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

You just have to wait. It happened to me and it literally took a month to hear back from them and then another 2 weeks before it was resolved. Their support sucks to the highest degree.

9. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Well, I was finally able to access my twitter account after they disabled the login verification. Unfortunately, I had to type a letter and mail it to the company in order to get my issue resolved. It's pretty sad that their tech support is so horrible that I had to resort to old fashion letter and snail mail.

Anyhow, here is the address that I used:

Twitter, Inc.
    1355 Market St, Suite 900
    San Francisco, CA 94103

I put ATTN: Tech Support on the envelope. By the way, my issue was resolved within a day of them receiving my letter.

10. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Final update. Support just got back to me after three weeks but two step auth started working after the upgrade to iOS 7.0.3 so I closed the case.