Twitter version 4

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by nasty devil, Dec 9, 2011.

1. nasty devil macrumors member

Apr 9, 2008
    West Jleeb, Kuwait
    Hi there.

I updated Twitter for iPhone to version 4 and really dont like it. The thing is, its even updated on my Mac, so I cant download the old version (3.5.3 I guess)

My brother has the older version on his computer, but I'm not authorized to use that file unless I use his Apple ID.

Is there a way to install it without using his Apple ID? I tried changing the info plist AppleID string to my ID, but it always gave me a "failed to install" message.

Btw, I'm not jailbroken, so I cant use anything to patch my system files

Help is very much appreciated.
  2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Aug 29, 2006
    Washington DC
    Use Tweetbot.

It was the better app before this change and now after this Twitter update it's become an even better idea.
  3. bigjnyc macrumors 603

Apr 10, 2008
    Yeah now would be a great time to try a different client. There are so many out there better than the official twitter app. I personally like Tweetlist
  4. aham23 macrumors regular

Oct 31, 2011
    people hate change. :)

i actually like it. clearly they are moving towards providing a more "social" experience then just tweets.

a 3rd party app is your best bet.
  5. Zcott macrumors 68020

Oct 18, 2009
    Belfast, Ireland
    Only way is to authorise your device and your computer for his account. Let him use yours and share the apps :)
  6. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

May 12, 2007
    I second Tweetbot... best client for iOS right now. And it's only 99 cents now... I see no reason not to give it a try.