Twitter won't refresh in Safari

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by sfxguy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. sfxguy macrumors member

After installing ML on my rMBP I decided to switch from Firefox to Safari, for the iOS syncing features, and I like it so far, but I cannot get twitter to load older messages in Safari.

I keep getting the "we did something wrong, refresh page" error at the top and the "Loading tweets seems to be taking a while," error at the bottom.

Works fine in Firefox but it has been like this in Safari since I started using it a week ago.

I can't find any reference to this after multiple searches.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. sfxguy thread starter macrumors member

No one else has this problem?
    Twitter works fine for everyone in Safari 6?

3. Simmias macrumors member

Yes, I've also had this issue since updating to Safari 6.0 with Mountain Lion. It's very frustrating. There are actually several annoying issues:

-Twitter does not remember my log in.
    -Every time I log in, I am prompted to choose whether to give other apps access to this Twitter account.
    -"We did something wrong. Please refresh page" pops up over and over, even after dismissing it.
    -Tweets will not load when scrolling down.

This has been going on for two months. It's crazy that one of the most popular websites does not work in Apple's browser. I have tried disabling all extensions and playing with Safari preferences, but no luck.

4. sfxguy thread starter macrumors member

I finally figured this out.

I've had a background image I added years ago for twitter to display in the background.

I changed it for the first time ever to a picture of the Endeavour I took over the weekend, and all of a sudden it works just fine.

Must be some little display discrepancy from ages ago.