Twitter?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dwd3885, Aug 30, 2009.

1. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

for some ungodly reason, twitter.com nor any twitter apps like tweetie or twitterific will load for me on my macbook pro since installing snow leopard.

I can login fine on my iphone and windows 7 pc on the same network. firewall is off on my mac. I have tried firefox and safari and clearing the cache. It just 'fails to open page' on safari and firefox. I have an AirPort Extreme router. Anybody else running into this issue? Or how can I fix this?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This has got to be the best undocumented feature yet!

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I am all good. I use TweetDeck. Try making a new account just to see if it is a Twitter issue or an account issue.

4. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

I would, but I cannot even access twitter.com in order to do that! Tweetie on the iPhone works for me...I'm completely puzzled by this.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This makes no sense. Try Camino? Or contact help via your iPhone. I would also go to a different place and use a different network to see how that turns out.

6. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

ok, thanks. i used a different wireless network and can access twitter.com and tweetie on the mac app fine on a different network.

Would seem to think it's my network then. Although my Windows pc can load twitter just fine. At least I know it's not snow leopard or my mac. It must be something with the AirPort Extreme.

7. dwd3885 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well I updated my AirPort Extreme firmware to the latest version and now twitter.com will load. Go figure. Must be something weird combo of old firmware and snow leopard

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Seems extremely odd. But it is fixed.