Two 1Password App Questions

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Tknull, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Tknull macrumors regular

Anyone able to help me with the following two issues in regards to 1Password (newest version)....

1) I installed 1Password on my new iPad Air, and upon sync it has all of my stored logins. However, it is not showing the custom icons for any of them. It shows them fine on my iPhone and desktop. Any way to get those?

2) One of my websites, when I try to login using 1Password, shows the following error: "Your current Browser Version (Safari 0.0) is not supported by this web application. Please consider upgrading. We recommend Mozilla Firefox (3.5 or higher), IE (9 or higher), or Google Chrome (8 or higher)." Other sites have not given this error. Any advice?

Thanks

2. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

I have rich icons missing from my stored logins but I am not having problems loading websites.

3. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Its a known issue and 1Password has a fix in the works. See discussion on 1PW site here.

4. AGKyle macrumors 6502

Yup, sorry all.

It was due to a SSL Pinning exercise. It should be fixed in the next update that we've released on our website already (4.0.7) and have submitted to Apple for review on the MAS.

Let us know if you have any questions.

For the website issue. It's likely misunderstanding our user agent string and reporting it doesn't recognize the browser. In this case, goto the 1Password Settings, click 1Browser and then for User Agent, select Safari (iPhone or iPad), whichever the case is for you.

That will make 1Password's browser identify as Safari for iPad or iPhone. That may get it to work unless the site requires a desktop browser, in which case you can set it to Mac and it may work.

Hope that helps!

5. Tknull thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, after the recent updates, it appears everything is good now. The icons show up properly, and the website opens up okay now (after doing as you suggested and going to settings, 1browser, iPad Safari....).
    Cheers...

6. Ritte macrumors regular

My experience of using 1password in the browser, 1passwordanywhere, is not at all like using their apps.
    Their apps are solid, but I can't even log in on the browser. After many password changes I figured out that my password was to long for logging in on 1passwordanywhere. I'm not able to use a password containing 20-23 letters to log in to the 1passwordanywhere.

7. AGKyle macrumors 6502

As far as I know, there is no limit for 1PasswordAnywhere.

What may be happening is the use of non-ASCII characters though. Every platform tends to handle characters differently so if you ever use multiple platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, etc) you should use all ASCII characters for the password, they're always handled the same but non-ascii are not always handled the same. Remember, encryption is math and if the math doesn't add up then it won't work.

The other thing to keep in mind is that 1PasswordAnywhere really only works via Dropbox.com. If you try opening the 1Password.html file from the local Dropbox folder, or a folder on your computer, it won't work. You can turn off Local File Restrictions in Safari to make it work, but there are no workarounds for Chrome or Firefox at this time.

Hope that helps!