two 22" LCDs vs one 22" and one 24"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deanmadoo, Feb 15, 2009.

1. deanmadoo macrumors member

I currently using an Acer 22" Lcd and i love it.
    and I am thinking of going for another display because some time my screen gets kind of crowded.

I am choosing between adding another 22" or a 24" screen.
    but if i go for the 24" I am worried that the different resolution will be a problem when moving windows from one screen to another.

Do you have any suggestion?

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Personally, I'd go for another 22" for the symmetry. It'll look better on your desk, and moving things back and forth between the two won't require resizing of windows.

3. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I would go with another 22" also. I would also try and get the same model as you already have. Two different types of screens looks tacky in my opinion.

4. deanmadoo thread starter macrumors member

I don't think I would be able to get the same screen because I think that mince is kind of out dated(Acer AL2251W)
    Is there going to be an issue if a have two different screens?

5. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

I'd say since your in a bind, either get something newer, that is really close to the size of the current display this includes resolution also. Or starting stuffing some money in the mattress and save up for newer models coming , and the way the economy keeps on slipping, prices can only go down, or we would think that they would only go down.

Have you tried eBay? and or Craigslist? You mite get lucky. Tiger Direct and PC Connection used to sell that model according to the search I did through google. "sitemap craigslist.com Acer AL2251W"

Best of luck too you